• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Members

I'm another newbie - though I've lurked here forever. Grew up in Gibbon, went to Kearney State (will never be "UNK") and spent 20+ years in the Army before retiring to the Atlanta area.

Best Husker story I have is crossing the Suez canal on a rickety boat and a 10 yr old hustler saw my "N" tshirt and ran up to me holding out a Blackshirt hat - best $2 ever.

Watched NU come back and beat Meatchicken after a patrol through Iraq. Best game I ever watched and my Husker flag flew over the FOB for the rest of the week.

All of you on this board have been a link back to home for years, so glad to be here and thank you.
Glad to have you on board,and thank you for your service to our great country.Keep the faith.GBR.

I would like to start out by asking how many of you are coaches or former coaches?

I haven't had a typical sort of career to say the least, but, yes, I have coached at the high school level, though it has only been at some of the smallest high schools in South Dakota. I've only ever been a head coach at three places (two places, but I was at one place 2x), and all three were because nobody else wanted to coach there. I have been an assistant at state championship schools, an assistant at awful schools, and I have been a head coach at places that had dropped football and were restarting the program, or else were considering dropping the program. I've also coached junior high and JV at multiple places. Put it all together and what it adds up to is that I know a little bit about a lot of things, but I'm not really an expert on any one specific thing, except I could probably find work as a QB coach for a Wishbone team ... just in case anybody is looking.

Yes sir. Took a hiatus this year to recharge and figure out next steps. But there are great guys here who spend a lot of time breaking things down for members. High quality stuff.
Look forward to hearing your insight on things as they unfold

I haven't had a typical sort of career to say the least, but, yes, I have coached at the high school level, though it has only been at some of the smallest high schools in South Dakota. I've only ever been a head coach at three places (two places, but I was at one place 2x), and all three were because nobody else wanted to coach there. I have been an assistant at state championship schools, an assistant at awful schools, and I have been a head coach at places that had dropped football and were restarting the program, or else were considering dropping the program. I've also coached junior high and JV at multiple places. Put it all together and what it adds up to is that I know a little bit about a lot of things, but I'm not really an expert on any one specific thing, except I could probably find work as a QB coach for a Wishbone team ... just in case anybody is looking.

In spite of all that, we still tolerate you.

I would like to start out by asking how many of you are coaches or former coaches?

Besides @CrabHusker, @36Blast, and myself, there are several others that add up to being too many for me to name them all. @ShortSideOption has some sort of mysterious government job that involves him installing squat machines in the Omaha area high schools. I'm not sure if "coach" is specifically part of his resume, but he seems to know a thing or two about strength training and conditioning.

Yes sir I read everything you write Along with quite a few other guys. This is my first opportunity to interact with guys like you that have “been there .... done that “. I respect anybody that has coached .... and know what it’s like to coach a “team”. And all the challenges that come with that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back