• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Negative Recruiting - Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramus

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
The other day I read that Bo was in New Jersey recruiting a QB. Apparently this QB is being recruited heavily by several schools, Alabama included. Do you think that competing schools have a video on their IPAD of Bo chastising T-Mart on the sidelines at last year's T&M game? You know, the one where he is poking his finger in T-Mart's chest after T-Mart came back from the locker room following an inury exam? Apparently T-Mart made a cell phone call to his dad in the locker room, and Bo didn't like it.

Do you think that other schools use the video of that ugly scene to help their cause when they recruit a guy NU is after?

I think that was a dumb thing that Bo did that day. I am sure he learned from it, but it is forever documented on video.

Last edited:

No they don't use it. And yes it is forever documented video. No disrespect but is this a serious question/concern of yours? that was 2 seasons ago! The media and many others need to get over it!

Last edited:
The other day I read that Bo was in New Jersey recruiting a QB. Apparently this QB is being recruited heavily by several schools, Alabama included. Do you think that competing schools have a video on their IPAD showing Bo chastising T-Mart on the sidelines at last year's T&M game? You know, the one where he is poking his finger in T-Mart's chest after T-Mart came back from the locker room after being examined for an injury? Apparently T-Mart made a cell phone call to his dad in the locker room, and Bo didn't like it.

Do you think that other schools use the video of that ugly scene to help their cause when they recruit a guy NU is after?

I think that was a dumb thing that Bo did that day. I am sure he learned from it, but it is forever documented on video.

So a player using a cell phone during a game is ok with you? TM broke a team rule, he should have gotten something worse than BO in his grill.

Negative recruiting occurs, no doubt.

I'd like to think NU tries to stay on message that NU is a great place, and that the player will be given a chance to compete and that playing time is earned in practice.

The other day I read that Bo was in New Jersey recruiting a QB. Apparently this QB is being recruted heavily by several schools, Alabama included. Do you think that competing schools have a video on their IPAD of Bo chastising T-Mart on the sidelines at last year's T&M game? You know, the one where he is poking his finger in T-Mart's chest after T-Mart came back from the locker room following an injury exam? Apparently T-Mart made a cell phone call to his dad in the locker room, and Bo didn't like it.

Do you think other schools use the video of that ugly scene when they recruit a player NU is after?

Last edited:
So a player using a cell phone during a game is ok with you? TM broke a team rule, he should have gotten something worse than BO in his grill.

Exactly. He could've just as easily been calling a bookie to tip them off that he wasn't (shouldn't) going to play anymore

No, I did not say it was OK with me. If he broke a team rule, then yes he should be reprimanded. But Bo could have handled it better...you don't have to look like a psycho when you are correcting someone. He could have just told him matter-of-factly that he made a mistake and then made him run steps when they got back to Lincoln. How do you think TO would have handled it? I think TO would not have said anyhting during the game. He would have waited and addressed the issue when he got back to Lincoln.

No, I did not say it was OK with me. If he broke a team rule, then yes he should be reprimanded. But Bo could have handled it better...you don't have to look like a psycho when you are correcting someone. He could have just told him matter-of-factly that he made a mistake and then made him run steps when they got back to Lincoln. How do you think TO would have handled it? I think TO would not have said anyhting during the game. He would have waited and addressed the issue when he got back to Lincoln.

Matter-of-factly? Classic participation ribbon response. Oh, and why is TO continually be brought into the discussion with Bo? It's Bo's team, TO retired in 1997.

Matter-of-factly? Classic participation ribbon response. Oh, and why is TO continually be brought into the discussion with Bo? It's Bo's team, TO retired in 1997.

You're right it's Bo's team. But I'll say this, If Bo had done that to me, he wouldn't do it again. I think I would have grabbed his finger and tried to dislocate it.

The point is, there are HS players out there who may think that kind of behavior is pretty repulsive. Not the kind of coach they want to play for.

Last edited:

Charlie would've probably already have ripped his facemask off before TO had to deal with anything.

There's film out there of just about every successful coach having to have a moment where there's the need to set a player straight, in a manner that would be almost identical to what a lot of the "Nancy's" in the world get their panties in a bunch over. If he didn't care he would've blown it off.

Note that Bo certainly seems to have the support and is quite popular with his players for having their back. Part of that is having a very clear understanding of why and what he's upset about, and when he's on them it's to help them. While I'm sure you'd rather he would've put Taylor in "time out", his method has proven to be very effective.

People that are still dwelling over that incident seem to have a bit of an agenda.

Last edited:

You're right it's Bo's team. But I'll say this, If Bo had done that to me, he wouldn't do it again. I think I would have grabbed his finger and tried to dislocate it.

The point is, there are HS players out there who may see that kind of behavior pretty repulsive. Not the kind of coach they want to play for.

Some people aren't of the stock to be on a successful team.

Or in your case, to be on any team. You put yourself in the situation, you'd better be prepared to face the consequences.

Last edited:

The point is, there are HS players out there who may think that kind of behavior is pretty repulsive. Not the kind of coach they want to play for.

:rolfl:

I'm sure that would have worked out well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back