• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin (11/16/19)

Nope. You are not. I just put it at the end of my comment like a ‘man’, ‘dude’, etc... I didn’t think you’d take it so seriously. Guess you are verrrry sensitive to words used in a comment. Pretty sad, man.

Gotta ask, did you forget the sarcasm emoji? Or just not a Southpark fan?

those were not the only teams we saw improvement at the beginning of the season.

the implication of your argument though is that the problem on defense is talent level. You believe we have the talent to take on bad teams while lacking the talent to compete with the big boys. I generally agree with you on that. but it’s still clear there has been regression because the defense couldn’t perform against Purdue.

The D also played well against N Ill who has the 93rd offense and even that is bolstered by playing some weak teams. I believe I remember early in the N Ill game a couple of long passes against the D that should have been big gains or even td's but their qb had a lousy touch. Probably every B1G qb we have faced would have completed those passes.

I'm not one who was impressed with playing a good half of D against Colorado. Games are 4 quarters, no credit for playing well in a couple of them. Besides Colorado is terrible. After scoring 34 on NU, CU has averaged 17 ppg in their last 8 games.

So count me in the category who thinks the D hasn't been very good all year. Though I take your point Purdue isn't great with all their injuries but still managed multiple 80+ yard drives. So yes, I think talent is subpar but other teams with similar talent don't seem to be consistently confused they way NU does, which I attribute to coaching.

The D also played well against N Ill who has the 93rd offense and even that is bolstered by playing some weak teams. I believe I remember early in the N Ill game a couple of long passes against the D that should have been big gains or even td's but their qb had a lousy touch. Probably every B1G qb we have faced would have completed those passes.

I'm not one who was impressed with playing a good half of D against Colorado. Games are 4 quarters, no credit for playing well in a couple of them. Besides Colorado is terrible. After scoring 34 on NU, CU has averaged 17 ppg in their last 8 games.

So count me in the category who thinks the D hasn't been very good all year. Though I take your point Purdue isn't great with all their injuries but still managed multiple 80+ yard drives. So yes, I think talent is subpar but other teams with similar talent don't seem to be consistently confused they way NU does, which I attribute to coaching.

Ultimately, the coach is responsible. All three defensive coordinators that have failed to turn some of these guys into a top 10 squad get to share the blame.

And the fans and the boosters and admin can take the blame for letting these players down by keeping the program in a state of instability for so long.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Last edited:

The big difference is that Wisconsin scores when they get in or near the red zone. We scored on three of seven drives where we reached their 35 yard line.

Oh, and their kickoff return TD that doesn't count in the total yardage.
Agree totally! So far in the SF era, the two years have shown a total failure to score many points in the RZ. SF needs to up his coaching game on the opponents side of the 40. The team seems to falter as soon as it gets there or right around the 25. AMart seems to make bad decisions and reads from that point. Maybe he is feeling the pressure of trying to make a big scoring play. But this could be the worst RZ team I’ve seen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back