• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs UCLA Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize Hundley threw for over 300 and Franklin ran for over 200... Wicked.. well, now on to the Nascar race.

I try and try but we need some help . Cam anyone answer . Why have we fallen off on Defense sooo much !

For the most part, the D played well the second half, Good adjustments made. The O did not make adjustments, or if they did, they went away from what worked.

I hate to say it, but I think it may be talent. The kids were often in position, just didn't make a play. Or, as HuskerWeatherman suggested, maybe Bo isn't teaching fundamentals. I do not subscribe to that myself.

There's over 10,000 people on this board tonight.

I'm not sticking around for the melt down.

Have fun boys!

The front seven on D are so slow and such poor tacklers. I don't know if we are lacking talent or this is coaching. On offense we still have inconsistent QB play with just plain weird play calling. This all of course falls under the umbrella of the Head Coach. Hope Bo gets it together :(:(

I put TM's second half woes squarely on Beck's inability to match their adjustments. TM had too many people in his face in the second half. They assigned someone to TM on zone read and on passing plays.

I Wish we were more run oriented, it's a little more consistent. Oh well I'd like a pony too. And a field goal kicker. If we went back to throwing five passes all year that would be fine with me

I think Osborne said there was one or two games a year you just try and survive as the boys are flat for whatever. Tonight was one of those, and with our field goal and punt game going in the popper, and Rex out, it was one of those nights. Makes me physically sick.

Rex and the kicking game were minor blames at most.

Last edited:
I think Osborne said there was one or two games a year you just try and survive as the boys are flat for whatever. Tonight was one of those, and with our field goal and punt game going in the popper, and Rex out, it was one of those nights. Makes me physically sick.

We sucked at more than just the kicking game. Our D and O line got owned...it was eye opening.

There's very little talent on the DL. Very average at best. Did steinkhuler play tonight? Cuz I never heard his name.

At LB there's not much there either.

This...so much this. I did see steinkuhler often, and I don't think he had any affect on the game...sad...we could use a good left tackle right now...

The front seven on D are so slow and such poor tacklers. I don't know if we are lacking talent or this is coaching. On offense we still have inconsistent QB play with just plain weird play calling. This all of course falls under the umbrella of the Head Coach. Hope Bo gets it together :(:(
I think this is what an analyst meant when he said NU had the worst assistant coaches in the league. Neither have ever been coordinators before Bo promoted them. Can't NU do better? It's not like it doesn't have the budget. If Saban can get a team to the NC in 5 years, you would think that Bo could put together a consistent defensive squad at NU. They certainly don't seem to be getting better from year 1 to year 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back