• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Purdue (10/28/17)

Most impressive part of the game was the last 1:22.
I think we got to see what TL can do with some time. Imagine if our Oline was good. Bet that Purdue D coord is wishing he went with some more pressure that last 1:22 I loved the look on his face after the TD. Awesome win GBR!!

Chitown said this first, but I’m also reminded of “the drive” at A&M with another QB wearing 13. This time we didn’t even need a 4th down conversion. Proud of that finish!! Hopefully this gives the guys the confidence to just plain ol’ fight through their limitations instead of worrying about them...

happy for the win. happy to see the team fight.

not sure we can win another game, but hoping for a bowl.

not sure I have all the coaches return from indiana

Sorry, missed the conversation about, not all Indiana coaches returning?

Looks like you and I agree on that! I would say, most believe it was an ugly win. Yes, happy to take "ugly"! ;)

Agree. At this point I'll take any win. I would prefer being excited about a last second win over a team like OSU instead of Purdue.

Chitown said this first, but I’m also reminded of “the drive” at A&M with another QB wearing 13. This time we didn’t even need a 4th down conversion. Proud of that finish!! Hopefully this gives the guys the confidence to just plain ol’ fight through their limitations instead of worrying about them...

Yeah, let us worry about their "limitations"!! :Banghead:

We played horrible tonight with the exception of two drives. It’s what counted and NU won the game. However; I feel there are more questions now than answered ones.

Answers:
Lee started slow, but pulled it together and had a decent night. Additionally, he showed poise when the game was on the line.

Bradley can run. He is the edge speedster that we need. Running up the middle is futile when the O-line can’t make holes.

That’s it.

Questions:
Why can’t we start a game playing good football and sustain it? Why is it nail biting and gut wrenching?

Where are the improvements coming off a bye week?

Will we win other games this year, if we play like this?

What can be done to give these players fired up for games? Let’s be honest, they had the “Deer looking into a headlight” look on their faces.

Will this win build their confidence moving forward or will we regress more?

.....and on and on.

Happy for the win tonight, but this team needs improvement in all phases of the game.

Glad we got the win, but overall it was a pretty horrendous display and does not give me any confidence in the coaching staff. No running game to speak of, which is the key to winning in the B1G. If the AD doesn’t let Riley go after this year, then this is what the norm is for the program and that is sad. This just gives no indication of an upward trajectory when you have the worst running game I have seen in 48 years of watching Huskers play. Can anyone think of a worse looking running attack, as far as creativity, calling plays, yards gained, etc....for an entire season?

I have been critical of Hoppes and our other TEs this season. I have to say Hoppes was great tonight. Game balls for him and Lee!
Yes,and I am glad that I get to post on this board with fellow Husker fans. I don’t mean to be to negative,but at times I find myself typing out of emotions rather than reason. I enjoy the different opinions and thought processes posted here.GBR.

Probably talking about firing some of our coaches after the game (oline coach probably) & not take the team chartered flight home probably.

Is that what happened to the Indy coaches, not taking the flight back with the others? Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back