• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Purdue (10/28/17)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
The Huskers are coming off of a much needed bye week and travel to West Lafayette, Indiana to take on a Purdue squad that has gone into a scoring funk having put up only one offensive touchdown in the last two games. Both teams come into game need a must win.

Expected to be very chilly conditions with the majority of the game played in the 30's.

For the third game in a row I will miss the live broadcast as my daughter and I will be at the hockey rink watching our local ECHL team in action (season ticket holders). However, will follow this thread and the box score to see what is going on.

Game will be broadcast on BTN & BTN2Go starting at 6:30 PM CDT. A post/pregame will be shown on the network just prior to the broadcast.

You can stream the radio broadcast here starting at 1:25 PM CDT: http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml

Go Big Red!

I hope Diaco has had his best two weeks of coaching ever!
If not, well.......

I think it comes down to effort. We have plenty of talent, yet talent that has underperformed. I can think of one highly ranked O lineman and a highly rated DB. The coaches need to hold all players accountable or we have no chance to finish strong. Here's hoping that MR and the players have this figured out. For some reason, I see us beating a team we should beat anyway. Then it's on the NW at home. GBR

Purdue hasn't been scoring, but they racked up the yards last week. I'm glad we have our secondary back -perhaps we can press a bit more on the outside- but we lose a LB that possibly made the switch to 3-4 better than any other defender did. I think they move the ball on us. Hopefully, we can add to their red zone woes.

Offensively, we should be able to run on this team on sheer size and speed alone. Will we establish that before we start dropping bombs on 1st Down or 2nd and 5? This is about winning a game against a less talented team, not showcasing an offensive scheme.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back