• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread (10/21/23)

NU's offense couldn't have played much worse for most of the first half if they wanted to . . . and we're still up.

You would hope the offense can manage to play better the second half and scratch & claw out a W. That's all that matters.

I’m glad that was a td but I have major issues with replay. So if a ref blows a call it has to be “indisputable evidence” to get it right. Shouldn’t the replay just show what actually happened and the call is adjusted or upheld? Seems ridiculous to give the on field ref that much control to screw up when you have replay technology available.

Wow. That first quarter and a half was as bad as what I have seen. Fidone drops two right in his hands, Bonner one, HH throwing behind players, absolutely terrible play calling, scheme issues on defense, etc. Sure hope Rhule is peeling the paint off the walls then goes into a soundproof room and lights up both Raiola and Satterfield for awful play calling and personnel stuff.

NU's offense couldn't have played much worse for most of the first half if they wanted to . . . and we're still up.

You would hope the offense can manage to play better the second half and scratch & claw out a W. That's all that matters.
Yeah I don’t get the fans who are getting upset at ugly wins. Newsflash- Nebraska isn’t contending for a national title this season so 7-8 wins looks great whether they are by one or 20.

Well 2 things one finally got a TD and second DONU normally plays better the 2nd half let’s hope this continues

Defense needs to be careful to play their assignments and not get carried away being too aggressive. OLBs crashed to the QB a number of times and gave up contain. Looks like NW is working the cutbacks to take advantage of the pursuit.

Wow. That first quarter and a half was as bad as what I have seen. Fidone drops two right in his hands, Bonner one, HH throwing behind players, absolutely terrible play calling, scheme issues on defense, etc. Sure hope Rhule is peeling the paint off the walls then goes into a soundproof room and lights up both Raiola and Satterfield for awful play calling and personnel stuff.
Yep. Well said. That was hard to watch. They have 2 weeks to prepare and they come out looking like the 3 Stooges trying to pick up a greasy football. Came into the game thinking a 6th win was somewhere to be found in these last 6 games. 30 minutes later, I'm almost positive there isn't.

Yep. Well said. That was hard to watch. They have 2 weeks to prepare and they come out looking like the 3 Stooges trying to pick up a greasy football. Came into the game thinking a 6th win was somewhere to be found in these last 6 games. 30 minutes later, I'm almost positive there isn't.
We definitely need this one!

Yeah I don’t get the fans who are getting upset at ugly wins. Newsflash- Nebraska isn’t contending for a national title this season so 7-8 wins looks great whether they are by one or 20.

Completely agree with everything up to the word "season." 7-8 wins? They play that way and there's not a win to be found in the last 5 games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back