• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

I'd also add that Frost has one of the few people in the world who can totally relate to what is going on in Lincoln with Alberts as his AD. I think for that, he is lucky, others may not be as willing to stick this out. Trev knows what is going on, trust me. Now if only we as fans could figure it out lol. Does that mean Frost will turn it around? Who knows. But if he doesn't, I'm not sure it is totally his fault.

That seems to be the $64,000 question these day doesn't it? Folks could go back and forth all day (and many do lol) about if the coaching is to blame for the mistakes, or is it just the player. I'm not sure there is a definitive answer to that. I doubt anyone on here is at the practices, so we can only assume at this high of a level, the coaches know what to practice (tackling, not fumbling, etc.) but who knows how they actually structure that. I think some players, and this is strictly my own opinion, have a tendency to turn the ball over for a variety of reasons most people don't even think about. For instance, AM might have small hands and isn't able to hold the ball as well as someone with bigger hands. Who knows. Coaches are certainly to blame for play calling and game decisions, but when guys conitnually fumble, throw picks, hold, interfere, etc, I tend to believe it's more the player's "fault" than anything. Some players also don't rise to the occasion under pressure as well as others, and we've seen quite a few mistakes from that as well. These kids are under a tremendous amount of pressure playing a "game".
Alas, here we are, still perplexed.
One problem still exists: we need better play calling when the down is crucial. Not happy with the play calling late in the games.

Well, with the week off, maybe things will get better.. 8 games in a row can be kind of tough for these kids.

That seems to be the $64,000 question these day doesn't it? Folks could go back and forth all day (and many do lol) about if the coaching is to blame for the mistakes, or is it just the player. I'm not sure there is a definitive answer to that. I doubt anyone on here is at the practices, so we can only assume at this high of a level, the coaches know what to practice (tackling, not fumbling, etc.) but who knows how they actually structure that. I think some players, and this is strictly my own opinion, have a tendency to turn the ball over for a variety of reasons most people don't even think about. For instance, AM might have small hands and isn't able to hold the ball as well as someone with bigger hands. Who knows. Coaches are certainly to blame for play calling and game decisions, but when guys conitnually fumble, throw picks, hold, interfere, etc, I tend to believe it's more the player's "fault" than anything. Some players also don't rise to the occasion under pressure as well as others, and we've seen quite a few mistakes from that as well. These kids are under a tremendous amount of pressure playing a "game".
If it was players, it would be limited or they would be benched. We however, have years of different players making the same mistakes with no consequences. I have to believe it is coaching.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back