• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spielman and the play-by-play guy are going very far out of their way to say Nebraska should keep Pelini. Spielman is Bo's friend so I guess it's not unexpected.

Last edited:

There we go! The usual 20 point, embarrassing performance on national tv! Yay Bo! Let's give him a contract extension! He's the man! This whole staff is awesome! Just a little more time. Think how much better NU will be next year! Yay!

Now be fair, it's only 13! :)

What have you seen that makes you think we'll be any better next year?

I guess I would say defensive improvement with a young group. People were ready to fire Pelini over defensive performance just a few weeks ago. While we haven't played the greatest offenses in the country, no one could possibly make the case that this defense is not growing.

What have you seen that makes you think we'll be any better next year?

Really I set top 15 at the end of next year as my threshhold point before the beginning of last season. I see no reason to change that. So it's not like I keep saying, "Wait til next year".

But I also think the defense will be much stronger from game one next year, and the offense should be pretty good if Tommy Armstrong proves to be ok.

I guess I would say defensive improvement with a young group. People were ready to fire Pelini over defensive performance just a few weeks ago. While we haven't played the greatest offenses in the country, no one could possibly make the case that this defense is not growing.

I could make the point that I don't know if this NU defense has grown just a little or significantly. As you said -- and I pointed out earlier with numbers of the horrible offenses we've faced -- it's really very difficult to gauge.

And has there been any progress on that front in 6 years? It's in our DNA with Bo. It's not going away.

Bo causes that? Hard to make that argument. At best, you could say that perhaps the offensive talent he has recruited is not good enough. But the counter argument is that he lost his QB (who would have been helpful today if healthy), lineman, injured receivers, etc. Some will call these excuses. But it is simply a fact that our offense is a battered rag tag group right now.

The he frustrating part is that even with 5 turnovers we could have still won that game. We are leaving a lot of opportunities on the field despite these problems.

Really I set top 15 at the end of next year as my threshhold point before the beginning of last season. I see no reason to change that. So it's not like I keep saying, "Wait til next year".

But I also think the defense will be much stronger from game one next year, and the offense should be pretty good if Tommy Armstrong proves to be ok.

You said before the beginning of the 2012 season that you want to see us finish in the top 15 at the end of the 2014 season? If you asked me before the 2012 season what I expected, it would be a lot more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back