• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Halftime notes

Notes from Halftime of Nebraska’s game at No. 20 Michigan State…

• Nebraska senior safety Marquel Dismuke had a first-quarter interception, marking his first career pick.
  • Quarterback Adrian Martinez had a 45-yard run in the second quarter, marking his third run of the season of at least 45 yards (75 at Illinois, 71 vs. Buffalo).
  • Martinez had nine carries for 49 yards in the first half, including a 12-yard touchdown run. He increased his career rushing total to 2,115 yards. Martinez moved into 10th place on the Big Ten’s all-time quarterback rushing list, passing Ohio State’s Cornelius Greene.
  • Freshman receiver Zavier Betts had five catches for 62 yards in the first half. The five receptions ties his career high (5 at Purdue, 2020) and the 62 yards betters his previous career high (61 last week at Oklahoma).
  • Garrett Nelson recorded a 4-yard sack in the second quarter, giving him 1.5 sacks this season. Nelson has had at least one tackle for loss in four of five games this season and seven of his last eight games dating back to the 2020 season.
  • Through five games, Nebraska has allowed only nine points by the opponents in the first quarter, including only seven points allowed by the NU defense (2 at Illinois, 7 at Oklahoma).
  • Nebraska’s blocked field on the final play of the first half by Cam Taylor-Britt was the Huskers’ second blocked field goal of the 2021 season. Marquel Dismuke blocked a field goal against Fordham on Sept. 4.

If I was coach I’d bench every player that gets a penalty and substitute with a walk on. This team is beyond stupid with apparently no consequences for lack of discipline.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back