• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Simply put, the bad is currently out weighing the good. Hw has to play smart All of the time, not just periodically. And, I agree, he doesn't have much support.
The good for Martinez this season FAR outweighs the bad. The dude has take FANTASTIC care of the football this season and that’s the only reason we’ve been in these games. The interception one could say is partially on Toure because of his AWFUL slant route. Why was he so deep?

If it wasn’t for his long run where he got late hit out of bounds (not called of course) this game was a Neb loss long before OT. And I don’t think Frost got out coached- I actually think he out coached Tucker tonight. But, the special teams weaknesses couldn’t be overcome (again)
Yup completely agree. We in my opinion we’re clearly the better team, but special teams again loses us a game

Sadly if we had even an average special teams unit, we'd likely be 5-0 and ranked in or near the top 10 today. Let that simmer for awhile. That's how close this team is.

Last edited:

Sadly if we had even an average special teams unit, we'd likely be 5-0 and ranked in or near the top 10 today. Let that simmer for awhile. That's how close this team is.

Unfortunately, when you have part-time coaching . . . you get part-time results. Frost has really backed himself up against the wall with the decision to forego a dedicated ST coach for multiple years.

Even if the ST was relatively pedestrian (didn't wow you but also didn't absolutely kill you), the offense is woefully inept four years into things. The defense . . . I can't even begin to say how Chins' side of the ball has overachieved to this point vs what was expected. That was supposed to be the weakest link and the offense was going to go out and just win games. Instead, the defense is the best thing we have going for us and it's not even close.

Martinez is garbage

giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back