• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Fresno State Game Thread (9/3/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I came in swinging away freely at the coach, not an individual here on this board...I doubt Coach Riley calls me retarded...thanks for the forewarning...all sugar coated postings going forward so that there are no inferences mis-calculated where proposals of mental retardation or social applications of such terminology should be rather taken as appropriate and intelligent banter or conversational points to further discuss...My opinion as being regarded as retarded should instead be both the goal and objective of this board as insight and perspective going forward...thanks.

BTW, RR, did you get my messages during the game? Love to vent with you, buddy!! :Cheers:

Good night :Computer:
Yup my daughter brought me the phone with your texts. :)

Be good my friend. :)

RR, I have to agree with what MR said after the game, though I was surprised he said as much. There is still a lot to clean up, RR. Sloppy mistakes at times, foolish penalties at times, and lackluster offense line for a short time in the 2nd half. BUT, loved the way we hung in there at the end, not allowing a td because of the celebration penalty. If they had scored, it would also have been on the D. Glad there was no major penalty on Williams. I saw that as a clean hit the whole way. Unbelievable, some thought it was a bad hit! This is not a game of tiddly winks, and, IF you don't hit hard, it's a TD. Protecting the QB is one thing, someone trying to score is another!! Again, loved the no-call.

Great game, otherwise. I would like to see a little more passing here and there, but MR has a plan.

GO BIG RED!!!

yes lots to work on...but lots of good. Not many out of position this game...They seemed to cover well. I think again their plan was to wear em down in first half, FSU was gassed in the 4th. That was the best sign to me. S&C seemed to pay off that we read so much about in off season. was not the prettiest of wins but at least we are not NW

As a parent of an autistic child, I dislike the word retarded every bit as much as you do. My approach though has never been to ban the word, but instead to try to get people to understand that our sons are people worthy of our respect and admiration because of all they have to overcome, and are not a punchline for an insult. There will always be those who continue to use the word, and my approach will always be to be patient with them. They'll come around eventually.

You know I am not a fan of the word either. Good post by the way.

He said my post was Retarded..not dumb...one is a medical condition...one is a IQ perspective based on sufficient observation and analysis...
We've all use words as a figure of speech as apposed to the real meanings of the words themselves. I'm sure you can relate to that. I don't think any real harm was meant. Hope you can see it that way to.

As a parent of an autistic child, I dislike the word retarded every bit as much as you do. My approach though has never been to ban the word, but instead to try to get people to understand that our sons are people worthy of our respect and admiration because of all they have to overcome, and are not a punch line for an insult. There will always be those who continue to use the word, and my approach will always be to be patient with them. They'll come around eventually.

I am also on your side. Last year, I lost my 52 year old daughter, succumbing to old age, having Downs Syndrome. I hate the word, myself, when it is used to insult. Grrr!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, more people will understand, it is to be used only as a condition. Miss you, Debbie. God bless.

As a parent of an autistic child, I dislike the word retarded every bit as much as you do. My approach though has never been to ban the word, but instead to try to get people to understand that our sons are people worthy of our respect and admiration because of all they have to overcome, and are not a punchline for an insult. There will always be those who continue to use the word, and my approach will always be to be patient with them. They'll come around eventually.

I just thought I was in a more intelligent and respectful place where if your opinions do not coincide, you are not met with accusations of mental retardation...I thought that was over 30 years ago in middle school...

As of this moment, the post game conference is not on, but it does show the dais and the Husker background.

OK, Tommy now coming on.

On the game, the second half went pretty much as I expected it to go. The second half of the second quarter we lost momentum and let them back into the game. But it was pretty obvious to me that that was a temporary deal. The biggest positive to me was the offensive line play. The biggest negative to me was a tie between two things, the penalties, and the inability of the D-line to generate a pass rush without a blitz. I'm glad that Mike was not happy in the post game interview, that tells me that he has high expectations for this season, and that merely covering the spread against an inferior opponent is not good enough.

This is a good start. We have plenty to clean up, but we're in good shape.

I just thought I was in a more intelligent and respectful place where if your opinions do not coincide, you are not met with accusations of mental retardation...I thought that was over 30 years ago in middle school...

For the record as I said above I do not like the use of the word in any form. I honestly do not think he meant anything with what he said in the sense you are suggesting. However, it probably should not have been used. We will discuss it I give you my word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back