• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Fresno State Game Thread (9/3/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought MR was a bit of a downer in his interview. D played pretty well, O seemed to click at times. Wasn't a masterpiece, but was pretty good for a first game of the season.

Huskers won ... covered the point spread ... even with some sloppy play at times. Fresno's lone TD game on a short field due to a punt block. Run game looks great ... offensive line looks very good thus far.

Lots to be pleased about. Not perfect. It's game one. But completely worthy of a Go Big Red!

Beats the hell out of last year's opener!

:Biggrin:

Definitely some things to work on, but nice that the Huskers found their footing at the end. Better late than never.

So I'm retarded? Wow...what a mature and well-developed response to a discussion of the assessment of a football performance...You must be so proud...if my child was retarded, would ou feel differently? Or maybe down syndrome is your next accusation of those who oppose your immense perspectives and contributions....

This guy is quoting me as less than advanced in physical and mental and social development because I expressed an opinion that I was unhappy with tonight's performance. I have an 8 year old that matches that description, who also has a heart disorder and will die before he reaches 20. But let us implement medical disorders such as mental retardation as something we call another whom we disagree with....quality board. I resign.

Sorry to hear of your son's condition. I'm pretty sure he was referring to the slang use of that term rather than the medical use. I can see how that might be offensive you, but it is a very commonly used term. Try not to let it sour you on the forum

Huskers won ... covered the point spread ... even with some sloppy play at times. Fresno's lone TD game on a short field due to a punt block. Run game looks great ... offensive line looks very good thus far.

Lots to be pleased about. Not perfect. It's game one. But completely worthy of a Go Big Red!

Agree on all. Nice to be above .500 too. ;)

Oregon gave up 28 points to a 1AA school.

I thought MR was a bit of a downer in his interview. D played pretty well, O seemed to click at times. Wasn't a masterpiece, but was pretty good for a first game of the season.

I took it as coach-speak. And I'm good with that. I'm sure he'll share both positives and negatives with us over the next 24-48 hours.

I took it as coach-speak. And I'm good with that. I'm sure he'll share both positives and negatives with us over the next 24-48 hours.
Plus, the whole night has been emotional for him, too. The first question he was asked even alluded to that fact. The fact that he is not overly happy is not bad, either. Looks like he is focusing on getting this team to clean some of the things up.

He said my post was Retarded..not dumb...one is a medical condition...one is a IQ perspective based on sufficient observation and analysis...

I think you are way too sensitive, especially for someone who came here slinging away freely. Personally, I think both sides just walk away from it, get some sleep, and tomorrow is a new day. It's not worth the battle. As always, we are all Husker fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back