• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Arkansas Game Thread (9/2/17)

......well. We are 1-0.

Oregon will be a better measurement of where we are at.

Impressed with Lee and honestly the running game. Line.....decent against an ok opponent. Should continue to see improvement.

Defense.....ill wait for next week and see what adjustments we make. Thus far results speak for themselve.

Coaching....nothing to change my opinion so far. Great guy and folks, awesome recruiters as I would say results are showing. But game management, play calling etc......avg at best against a team that shouldn't have had a chance to beat us at home no less.

Lot's to build on. Need to shore up the pass D. Not the end we wanted, but there's lots of upside to this team over last years.

Re-watch this film and there will be some familar suspects in broken coverages. Diaco will find guys to plug the holes.

I was thinking earlier: Do I want to watch this game, again? Geeeeez!! I know I won't watch the 4th qtr. I know what's coming, and do I want to watch it again? :Puke:

I think some folks are starting get worried that is team may just win a lot of games this season....I have no doubt Diaco will fix the issues on D and like HIO said the game plan was looking head to Oregon.

Some of the same folks who have being saying the last 10 months we throw the ball 70 to 80% of the game when Riley's history at Oregon State showed that the playing calling was close to 50-50 in most years and I could go but we have this discussion off of the forum.
You were kidding, weren't you, RR, that HIO was correct, assuming the game plan was looking ahead to Oregon? :Rolf::Stirthepot:

Last night, Nebraska went under center seemingly more than they have for a long time. I liked it. I think it created deception between play action pass/draw /traditional run

Last edited by a moderator:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh
Pointing out legitimate clock management concerns is not whining...it's not only cost us games in the past, it nearly cost us this game as well. It has also, I suspect, weakened my heart and cost me a few years of my life. Man, there are reasons to be excited about this team and all of the young talent on display tonight. It would have been a shame to see all that effort spoiled by a fluke loss that would have never even been a possibility had we simply not snapped the ball with 15 seconds on the play clock with a 14 point lead...Yes it's game 1 and we're 1-0

Pointing out legitimate clock management concerns is not whining...it's not only cost us games in the past, it nearly cost us this game as well. It has also, I suspect, weakened my heart and cost me a few years of my life. Man, there are reasons to be excited about this team and all of the young talent on display tonight. It would have been a shame to see all that effort spoiled by a fluke loss that would have never even been a possibility had we simply not snapped the ball with 15 seconds on the play clock with a 14 point lead...Yes it's game 1 and we're 1-0

You are on the money, my friend! "Some" don't agree, but they have their heads in the sand. Emotionally, a lot of us were spent last night, during the 4th quarter! We are being honest, when we say, this game was almost blown, for, at least, the reasons you state (so did I!!).

To those out there who think we overreacted, what in the world were you watching??? :eek:

.....many here including some mods can't take any opinion beyond their own. Get use to it as it has been this way for awhile now here.

You have a legit point but if you want to share it be prepared for the MR groupies to show in force.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back