• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska predicted to finish 9-3; you get to pick the 3 losses, who would you WANT those losses to be? This is NOT who is most LIKELY to beat us.

If Nebraska finishes with 3 conference losses, which teams would you CHOOSE for the losses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of above picks. Think 12-0. Gravy ..... 15-0. :Koolaid2:

HOH_ANIMATION.gif
I never even noticed before -- was that sunshine pumper always part of your avatar?

I feel like Illinois, Indiana, and Maryland is the way to go. This way, you beat all of the heavy hitters on the schedule. It would be a weird looking year beating Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Iowa but losing to those teams but I think that's the scenario I could live with the most.

I personally would stay away from the board when we're 0-3 though. :Eek:
Especially considering that that would mean that we lost to South Alabama (all-time/world class upset), Colorado (retch alert), and Northern Illinois (back-to-back losses to a MAC team), yeah, I'd say that the temperature in the room would be rising and uncomfortable, and we'd be the talk of college football for NOT good reasons. I think that we can win the West with 3 losses if we win the head-to-head matchups against the other top contenders, so that did a lot to shape who I picked.

Can somebody please explain why more people are choosing to lose to Ohio State (47.7%) over even Maryland (45.5%) or Indiana (31.8%)? I assumed that a lot of folks would choose those three since they're in the East, but I also assumed a lot of folks would trade a win over OSU for a loss to a lesser team, so I'm surprised that OSU is currently the team that most people are (apparently) the least bothered by them beating us. Everything else is more or less in line with what I would have expected.

Last edited:

Can somebody please explain why more people are choosing to loose to Ohio State (47.7%) over even Maryland (45.5%) or Indiana (31.8%)? I assumed that a lot of folks would choose those three since they're in the East, but I also assumed a lot of folks would trade a win over OSU for a loss to a lesser team, so I'm surprised that OSU is currently the team that most people are (apparently) the least bothered by them beating us. Everything else is more or less in line with what I would have expected.
Well, remember you're the one making us choose to lose these games, so if we have to lose them, I can imagine losing a well played game against Ohio State and think it's not as bad as a bone-headed loss to a weaker Indiana, for example. Consistency is one of the things that will show progress, even if we're not quite world beaters yet. Lose to OSU we could still be on track.

That's lame I know, but this mental exercise - some would say torture - is all your idea, pal. ;)

Last edited:
Originally I thought it was only losses in conference that was allowed, so discounted CU. So I chose the three out of division teams to lose to, practically guaranteeing the division crown. OSU is the favorite to win the east so NU would get a second shot, THEN NU beats OSU for all the marbles. Wouldn't like losing to Indiana or Maryland, but they don't bother me near as much as the other conference teams in the conference. Cant believe anyone would choose to lose to Iowa though.

Questions like this make me want the off season to end ASAP. :)
With 2 months to go to before the first game, I'm not ready to sacrifice any of the games, just yet.
For someone who seems like a decent person, Middle-aged Ball Coach, you seem to have a mean streak during the off season to come up with this question.View attachment 25517
I am a coach, remember, and coaches value being both focused and grounded. We're not going to go undefeated. If we go 9-3, anybody outside of Nebraska fans will be shocked at the level of improvement. I guess that I'm in the minority in that I'd prefer NOT drinking Kool Aid now and being as objective and honest as possible, which leaves open the wonderful possibility of being pleased with having exceeded expectations. I don't understand why others want to talk themselves into a national championship in the summer, then have nothing but b!tching and moaning in the fall, even if we have a genuinely better season by objective accounts. I like to fish a lot, but if I go fishing, expecting every time to catch my personal best, how long until fishing is disappointing and no longer fun?

Also, I enjoy seeing which teams are genuinely on track to be rivalry games, and questions like this end up revealing a lot about that, too.

GET TICKETS

Back