• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska predicted to finish 9-3; you get to pick the 3 losses, who would you WANT those losses to be? This is NOT who is most LIKELY to beat us.

If Nebraska finishes with 3 conference losses, which teams would you CHOOSE for the losses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Can somebody please explain why more people are choosing to loose to Ohio State (47.7%) over even Maryland (45.5%) or Indiana (31.8%)? I assumed that a lot of folks would choose those three since they're in the East, but I also assumed a lot of folks would trade a win over OSU for a loss to a lesser team, so I'm surprised that OSU is currently the team that most people are (apparently) the least bothered by them beating us. Everything else is more or less in line with what I would have expected.
On the other hand, for me, losing to a superior (top ten team) is more palatable than losing to a lesser team. Right now Ohio state is projected to be the highest rated opponent the Huskers face. The OP question isn’t “who would we rather beat”, it’s “to whom would we rather lose”.

Last edited:
On the other hand, for me, losing to a superior (top ten team) is more palatable than losing to a lesser team. Right now Ohio state is projected to be the highest rated opponent the Huskers face. The OP question isn’t “who would we rather beat”, it’s “to whom would we rather lose”.
Fair points. Thanks for answering my question.

So ... you didn't read the post where I explained that. There is a limit for poll questions to 10 answers, so I couldn't list all 12 opponents on the schedule.

Correct, I just read the title of the poll and the poll itself. I didn't release I would need to do further research prior to participating.

Correct, I just read the title of the poll and the poll itself. I didn't release I would need to do further research prior to participating.

If by "research" you mean "reading the first post that's attached to the poll question," then, yeah, you should have done "further research."

This is NOT a survey to ask who you think would be most likely to beat Nebraska. I'm asking you to pick the 3 teams that you'd prefer to beat us if we were to lose 3 games. I could only have 10 choices, so I left out South Alabama and Northern Illinois in case you were wondering where they were.

I'd love to hear your rationale as to why you'd rather lose to one team over another.

Thanks!

Edit: The question says "three conference losses," but it should have just said "three losses," which is why Colorado is included. I could only have 10 choices, so I had to skip two teams, but I could include Colorado. Now, I can't edit my question to delete the word "conference." Sorry if that's confusing.

Can somebody please explain why more people are choosing to loose to Ohio State (47.7%) over even Maryland (45.5%) or Indiana (31.8%)? I assumed that a lot of folks would choose those three since they're in the East, but I also assumed a lot of folks would trade a win over OSU for a loss to a lesser team, so I'm surprised that OSU is currently the team that most people are (apparently) the least bothered by them beating us. Everything else is more or less in line with what I would have expected.
I don't understand this either. If there's one team that we need to stop losing to, it's OhSU.

And Wisconsin.

And Iowa.

And Northwestern.

Last edited:
Ohio State, Indiana and Maryland.

I don't want to lose to anyone, but those three still win the West and NU doesn't lose to Colorado.
You and I are on the same page, except that I'm willing to trade a loss to Northwestern for a win over OSU with the assumption that Northwestern will NOT be in the lead for the West. I want to beat everybody, but Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio State need to get spanked as quickly and dramatically as possible ... and we can't lose to Colorado.

Last edited:

I am a coach, remember, and coaches value being both focused and grounded. We're not going to go undefeated. If we go 9-3, anybody outside of Nebraska fans will be shocked at the level of improvement. I guess that I'm in the minority in that I'd prefer NOT drinking Kool Aid now and being as objective and honest as possible, which leaves open the wonderful possibility of being pleased with having exceeded expectations. I don't understand why others want to talk themselves into a national championship in the summer, then have nothing but b!tching and moaning in the fall, even if we have a genuinely better season by objective accounts. I like to fish a lot, but if I go fishing, expecting every time to catch my personal best, how long until fishing is disappointing and no longer fun?

Also, I enjoy seeing which teams are genuinely on track to be rivalry games, and questions like this end up revealing a lot about that, too.
I, too, believe we will not win all the games this season (I hope I'm wrong). I can't find my Kool-Aid pitcher yet, but I haven't stopped looking, either. Any game we lose will cause me some disappointment. The disappointment I felt after the Michigan loss was way different than the disappointment I felt after the Ohio State and Iowa losses. At this stage of the Scott Frost rebuilding project, losing a game isn't as important as showing the will to fight to the finish and continued improvement. I think I heard it from Rob Zatechka (not sure), during the Pipeline days, they didn't so much play against the other team as what they did against themselves, trying to get each detail down to perfection on each play, and then improve upon that.

But I'm not ready to sacrifice any game until we play the game and the clock shows 00:00 in the 4th quarter (unless it is overtime). I prefer to deal with each disappointment as it comes along and not before.

And by the way, you're not as mean as I thought.;)

As of right now there are 8 people who would choose Iowa, 10 who would choose Northwestern, and 12 who would choose Wisconsin if we have to lose 3 games. I assumed that Iowa and Wisconsin would be the teams that would get the fewest votes. I didn't know what number to expect, but I thought it would be even lower than what it is, especially for Wisconsin. How is Northwestern considered (by total votes) someone we'd rather beat than Wisconsin? Are Northwestern fans worse than I thought? Are Wisconsin fans NOT the ridiculous want-to-be snobs that I think that they are? What am I missing? I know it's not a lot of votes, but Wisconsin has 50% more votes than Iowa at this point, which is more separation that I expected.

Last edited:

You and I are on the same page, except that I'm willing to trade a loss to Northwestern for a win over OSU with the assumption that Northwestern will NOT be in the lead for the West. I want to beat everybody, but Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio State need to get spanked as quickly and dramatically as possible ... and we can't lose to Colorado.

I can't disagree with that mindset, but I still think if you make me prioritize how we win it would be

A) win all the divisional games to give ourselves the best shot at winning the Division and playing in a CCG.

B) Beat Colorado

C) Beat the rest of the window lickers

GET TICKETS

Back