• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska opting out of Oklahoma game? UPDATE: Moos makes statement that they explored other options but are looking forward to playing OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

The away team gets a cut of revenue, correct? What is the difference $$$-wise between an NU home game and that away game?

I’m pretty ignorant of how the finances work out.

Sooner fans are blowing up my phone. First the pity, now Huskers look like cowards. If true this is sickening........

Jeez, take your freaking beating. You made your bed, you have spouted arrogance at the media... now lay in it.

Sorry, there's no way to spin this. If football has become too expensive for Nebraska, say that and start cutting. At least that sends a message that can be talked about as to whether all this exposure and money-chasing is something universities should be engaged in.

Play OU every year. At least its something to work towards.

Wow!! I can understand the financial part of it but the optics of this will be horrible. Yikes this will be used against us in recruiting and be a stain on the teams mystique for a while.

I’m not convinced that cancelling a game to exchange it for a home game is going to be the “big sell“ to prevent a player from choosing Nebraska. to the extent any player would care about that, they would already have been dissuaded from Nebraska by our win loss record for the last 3 years.

For those freaking out over this situation, try to have some empathy for the businesses decimated because of the lack of sports in the Haymarket. Every home game counts for their bottom line.

I sent a text to the one booster I feel would know, and he hadn't received anything as of yet. So i'm hoping this is rumor. And I have to apologize for starting a thread that is already at 3 pages.

It's OK. It's BLOWING UP on Twitter.

I thought NOTHING could ever make me question my Husker fandom.

This is making me sick to my stomach, and ashamed of my program.

I’m not convinced that cancelling a game to exchange it for a home game is going to be the “big sell“ to prevent a player from choosing Nebraska. to the extent any player would care about that, they would already have been dissuaded from Nebraska by our win loss record for the last 3 years.

For those freaking out over this situation, try to have some empathy for the businesses decimated because of the lack of sports in the Haymarket. Every home game counts for their bottom line.
No offense here, because I can empathize with Lincoln business owners, but what about the damage to the brand? That's the business impact I'm worried about. If Nebraska is going to run from good opponents, why would I continue to buy season tickets? This seems like a cack-handed move without knowing the reasons, and I can't imagine any good reasons at this point.

We all know how the Lincoln businesses have been hurt. But outside of Nebraska the spin on this will be brutal!

Home games count everywhere

Home games count everywhere. Norman’s economy took a huge hit just like Lincoln’s. This game would definitely have fans & likely a full stadium. Hope it’s just a rumor because this will be a terrible look for NEB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back