• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska moves up to #13 in Coaches Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that a team had to be in the Top 14 of the BCS rankings to get an at-large bid.

Unless you come from a non-aq conference, finish in the top 16 and finish ahead of an aq conference champion. Boise and Kent St. Will finish ahead of the Big East champ. The only question will be if they finish in the top 16. If one of those teams meet the criteria a BCS bowl has to select one of them, which would put Oklahoma and Oregon going for the last BCS spot.

Last edited:

Did I read the poll right? Boise St. up SEVEN spots, with a 9-2 record, after beating CSU?!?!?!?!?!?! What the heck is THAT about!! Even the AP lapdogs have them at 25, where they belong!!

Boise was actually idle...

It looks like Oklahoma will be the odd team out should Kent St. Qualify, Boise has to jump too many spots in the poll to reach #16. The Sugar will get the first at-large pick replacing Bama/Georgia, and the Fiesta will get the second at-large pick. The Fiesta won't have an all Big 12 bowl game and will pick Oregon. Had the Sugar been able to select their second at-large team before the Fiesta, it would have been interesting which team, Oklahoma or Oregon, they would have chosen. Of course if Kent St. Loses in theMAC CCG, all this goes out the window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back