• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Football is dead

Well, as Bruce said, "Everything dies baby, and that's a fact. And everything that dies someday comes back." Just not sure it will be in my lifetime. And I ain't 60 yet!

You dumb arses are out of your mind. SF is playing young kids, should have won today, has lost the first two games to the best two teams in the BIG, has finally made an obvious change at qb, has athletes all over the field for the first time in his time here and you are beeching like this??? Open your eyes.

Last edited:
I don't follow football as much as some, even Nebraska football, but it seems to me that nearly every team in the BIG has improved over the last 3 years...except Nebraska.

I meant say that the perennial bottom dwellers seem to have made significant progress.

Last edited:

You dumb arses are out of your mind. SF is playing young kids, should have won today, has lost the first two games to the best two teams in the BIG, has finally made an obvious change at qb, has athletes all over the field for the first time in his time here and you are beeching like this??? Open your eyes.
Indiana says hi

The offensive line is not young. Yet they single handedly kill 3-4 drives each week with dumb penalties. That's just one example. The excuses don't hold water anymore. This is his team. Top to bottom. The results are entirely his. If he's playing "young guys" it's because the older guys haven't been adequately coached up.

Last edited:
We do need to get old and stay old. S&C is paying dividends, but until we learn to consistently execute as a team the Ws will be hard to come by.

It’s mid boggling to see mid-level teams have success, upset ranked teams...but not us. SF might have to encourage his buddies to move on.
Who should he encourage to move on.? This is on Scott Frost now and no one else. This is his second offensive coordinator and we’ve scored three points in the second half total this year. There are no more buddies to asked to move on

We do need to get old and stay old. S&C is paying dividends, but until we learn to consistently execute as a team the Ws will be hard to come by.
That’s a crappy excuse that only buys the head coach time and more excuses. You took it right out of the head quote book and it doesn’t hold water.

Sorry, this post is not very smart at all! NU is a horrible team right now, and Frost is a horrible coach right now. Frost has not obviously made a QB change, he even said "don't read to much into that".

All I can say is, if anybody on here is okay with today's loss, saddled on the back of 3 straight losing seasons and now it's really looking like 4 straight losing seasons, you are out of your mind. We completely suck as a football program. No heart, no real will to win, head scratching play calls, beaning your guy in the back of the head with the football, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

I'll always be a Husker fan even if we never have a winning season ever again, I'll still root and wear my Husker gear, but this is getting very hard to watch and stomach. It's time for the damn Frost to thaw out the Huskers putting W's in the win column.

Sorry, this post is not very smart at all! NU is a horrible team right now, and Frost is a horrible coach right now. Frost has not obviously made a QB change, he even said "don't read to much into that".
Sadly, I completely agree with the bold, we straight up SUCK! At this point, I don't see much more than about 2 wins this year, very sad.

Hard for me to be a voice of reason and I know I am about to get killed....but here goes. The penalties on the first drive killed us. The throw back across his body for A Mart was equally bad. Still not clear what happened on the penultimate drive. But the play calling sucked, bad.

Now for some positives. The defense and esp the LB and d line flashed today Progress. We moved the ball well against a salty defense. Our young WR looked pretty good today. We got 2 interceptions and one was nearly a pick six. And the best news. Luke. The ball gets out quick. He is decisive. And oh my goodness in the open field? He will be a terror for defenses. Every time I see him play he impresses me.

The rest of the stuff? You. Have. To. Be. Patient. We were a 3 point underdog to a team that walloped what may be a good MD team and beat Iowa in Iowa City. Lighten up people. Beat the Peds and all is good.

Start Luke. Give him a shot.

We just lost to Northwestern to go 0-2, and I’m not surprised. We are just another team, closer to Rutgers or Maryland than Ohio State, Michigan or even Iowa. Expectations are gone, we have tradition and 20+ year old trophies, but the program is irrelevant. Had high hopes with Frost, but he’s somehow been worse so far after 2 1/2 years than Solich, Callahan, Pelini or even Riley. Sad times.
Dead? Rusty and penalty ridden maybe. Sorry but let the real fans be fans.
We love these kids and don't have our self worth in our team who had no bowlgame or spring practice. Last week canceled. Yes you may see facts but find your self esteem in serving others or saving lives. Captain Obvious
Please bring your negativity to your psychologist or church tomorrow. Hope you find something else to do we are all hurting but there were a lot of positives to see also.
GO BIG RED. GOOD JOB BOYS.
WE WILL USE THIS SEASON AS ________(insert here)
Don't want these players to see your comments. Throw the bonz
We had a lot of good plays today.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back