• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska and Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Mack make people accoutable in the down seasons?
I wish Husker fans had the kind of patience Longhorn fans have. Mack is currently on a stretch where he's gone 5-7, 8-5, and 9-4. It took him EIGHT YEARS to win a conference title (only 3 division titles prior to his first conference title in year 8). He hasn't won a division since 2009, and is only 52-20 (.718) since 2008.

Bo Pelini has tied or won outright four division titles in the past 5 seasons (in two different conferences), never had a losing season, is 53-22 (.706), and currently has the same season record as Texas.

Fireable offenses here at Nebraska. ;)

I wish Husker fans had the kind of patience Longhorn fans have. Mack is currently on a stretch where he's gone 5-7, 8-5, and 9-4. It took him EIGHT YEARS to win a conference title (only 3 division titles prior to his first conference title in year 8). He hasn't won a division since 2009, and is only 52-20 (.718) since 2008.

Bo Pelini has tied or won outright four division titles in the past 5 seasons (in two different conferences), never had a losing season, is 53-22 (.706), and currently has the same season record as Texas.

Fans want Mack gone here and gone yesterday

Oh, and when we say the change has paid off for Mack Brown, I'm not so sure. They beat OU, which is certainly commendable, but the other three wins have been against uninspiring opponents. And keep in mind that they fired Manny Diaz after the second game of the season, and the Longhorns lost the very next game, giving up even more points than they did the week before. So the claim that they've gone 4-0 since the change isn't true; it's 4-1.

Furthermore, Texas is currently ranked just BEHIND Nebraska in points allowed per game (UT is 50th at 24.1ppg, NU 49th at 24.0ppg). The Horns are 74th in total defense (405 ypg) and Nebraska is 77th (410 ypg).

As 57 would say, big wop.

Sad, huh?

Fans want Mack gone here and gone yesterday

Probably true... which shows the value of fans' opinions.

I'm realizing more and more over the years that most programs really need strong ADs as much as they need strong HCs.

Sad, huh?

I'm realizing more and more over the years that most programs really need strong ADs as much as they need strong HCs.

To be honest, I'm surprised that HWM seems to be out in front of this charge against Bo, especially after his comment earlier this week about Tom Osborne teaching us that it's more than just winning.

Nebraska has essentially matched Texas' winning percentage since 2008, and they've done it without having 5 star players in their back yard, and they've done it while running a clean program.

For some, it's apparently all about winning.

Sad, huh?

fans pay the bills.

Pretty sure he does, not sure about Mack, I am aware of the Diaz thing, but I don't know alot about it. I just think when you change your staff it can result in set backs on the field. Bo doesn't seem to be the guy to fire someone mid season. I think he wouldn't do that due to families and moving and what not. But I am guessing.
Has Bo over the course of his tenure?

only saying fans matter. You start blowing them off for what ever reason then you start losing the team
No ones opinion is better than others. I have read your opinions on the current coach it makes your opinion no better no worse than GFOA because he advocates for BO to be looked at hard and let go.

So fans

To be honest, I'm surprised that HWM seems to be out in front of this charge against Bo, especially after his comment earlier this week about Tom Osborne teaching us that it's more than just winning.

Nebraska has essentially matched Texas' winning percentage since 2008, and they've done it without having 5 star players in their back yard, and they've done it while running a clean program.

For some, it's apparently all about winning.

I did teach you that it's more than just wins and losses. Recall the quote for why Osborne let Callahan go? I'll dig it up again, if needed. To me, as Tom Osborne said when defending his firing of Cally -- it wasn't just about wins and losses.

Okay ... more good stuff from me.

Mack has done much more than Bo -- and their first six years are no comparison (Mack's team ranked every season -- 5 of 6 years in the top 15 -- two in the top 10). Year 7 and 8 for Mack were even more outstanding, including a national title. I do understand the low level the Horns have achieved the past 3-4 seasons -- and that's exactly why Mack's head is on a platter right now. He may be saving himself this season (solid turnaround), but he may not be. Regardless, Mack's career >>>> Bo's.

Now, here's what I love about Tom:

It isn’t just a matter of wins and losses; it’s how you do it. If you lose by a field goal and play well, that’s a little bit different than getting blown out three or four times. I tried to make sure that they completely understood. It isn’t all about winning and losing. Believe me, I understand that. If you lose a fairly large number of games by a significant margin and you have fairly good players, which I think we do, then I think there are some systemic issues. I think the players were treated well. But there was something wrong evidently.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1325873

I'm not a win-loss type of guy. I'm a quality win-quality loss type of guy.

I'm here to teach... to love ... to hold hands... to make each of you a better person (that's a quote from me, not Tom).

Last edited:

Okay ... more good stuff from me.

Mack has done much more than Bo -- and their first six years are no comparison (Mack's team ranked every season -- 5 of 6 years in the top 15 -- two in the top 10). Year 7 and 8 for Mack were even more outstanding, including a national title. I do understand the low level the Horns have achieved the past 3-4 seasons -- and that's exactly why Mack's head is on a platter right now. He may be saving himself this season (solid turnaround), but he may not be. Regardless, Mack's career >>>> Bo's.

Now, here's what I love about Tom:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1325873

I'm here to teach... to love ... to hold hands... to make each of you a better person (that's a quote from me, not Tom).

It felt weird holding your hand at ACL this year..I am a better person from it though. The shots I got, did clear up the rash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back