• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Neb vs Ohio St - Game #4 - (5-23-21) 12 pm Cntrl - Bart Kaufman Field (Indy)

Great to see one of our Men's teams win a conference title! Not bad for a team that was picked to finish something like 7th in the conference.

If not for one bad weekend against Rutgers, I think we would be hosting a Regional.

Great to see one of our Men's teams win a conference title! Not bad for a team that was picked to finish something like 7th in the conference.

If not for one bad weekend against Rutgers, I think we would be hosting a Regional.
Yes, you are correct. Up theirs!! ;) "He who laughs last. laughs best"!! :)

And we would be ranked way up there. I am not so sure about a regional. I just don' think they like Nebraska playing in front of a full house of Husker faithful!

"There is no place like Nebraska"!!!

Still hoping, somehow, we get to host a regional!! No way, because of 1 bad series, these kids should be punished! After all, they are the Champs of the B10!!!

Oh let‘s pick some place like Bloomington…

That put’s a max of about 400 people in the stands even when contenders are playing!

or…let’s go to Haymarket that will put 5000 in the stands REGARDLESS who plays in a beautiful park that has GREAT broadcast capabilities….

on second thought…NOPE, can’t do that….makes too much common sense.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends somewhat on how interested we are in winning. Wish we were in position to host a regional, as that would really add some juice. Regardless, I think Nebraska would like to enter the tournament on a roll -- and Michigan has become very mediocre.

The Wolverines have lost 4 of 7 and 8 of their last 15 games. Michigan is very beatable. The only other Big Ten team that really rose to the occasion in recent weeks was Maryland. Nebraska and Maryland are the two best teams in the Big Ten and are locks for the NCAA Tournament.

Nebraska could knock Michigan out of the tournament. Not only is Michigan 7-8 in their last 15 games, they have an RPI of 98 and ELO of 64. If Nebraska wins 2 of 3 or sweeps, I think Michigan is probably done for the year.

Indiana is also on life support. They've lost 4 straight and 6 of 9. RPI of 111.
Glad, we are not in Michigan's shoes!! If we had their record, and losing skein up to now, they would not even consider us to get in the regionals, period.

We're good enough to host WS, but can't host a regional?!? Sheesh.

Creighton is the host of CWS. And only because that is their home field.

The balance of baseball power is the SEC and ACC, and West Coast. It is the way it is. At best, there were maybe two midwest regional sites, and I don't think DONU was ever a real candidate.

That damn Rutgers series really ***** DONU

But the true death knell for NU's regional hopes probably was the B1G 's decision to have conf only games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back