• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked National Signing Day Decisions: 5 Husker Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe the NCAA should look at taking some of the drama out of signing day.

IDK. Maybe it becomes a deadline instead of a day everybody signs. That might not help as some kids would push the decision back to the deadline. But if signatures could be collected starting January 2nd or 3rd, you might find coaches not putting up with the prima donnas and filling their classes before 2/1.

If football had an early signing period like basketball does it would also cut back on the drama IMHO.

Personally I think there should be an early signing period in late summer, perhaps August. I also think they should include a clause where if a Head Coach is fired before the February NSD, the player can in-turn sign elsewhere.

so if we are sitting at 13...

14-peat
15-moore
16-shelton
17-ford
18-curry
19-valentine
20-fuller

that obviously would be a great finish, naysayers be damned! from everything i have seen here/there & everywhere, 20 is about the top number we could get into this class. red, SB, n2fl...does this list look about right for whom we would finish up with? one would expect to miss some, whom would be the fillers?

Right off the top Andrus Peat, Devin Fuller and Evan Goodman will have spots for them if they choose to become Huskers. Also it seems Nebraska wanted to bring in a big back, either Cross or possibly Bourque.

If Nebraska does end up with a DB class of Mohammed Seisay, Devian Shelton, Alonzo Moore and Raymond Ford...wow. You are talking about maybe the best CB class in the country. I think you see a lot of Corey Raymond's influence with the recruitment of these kids. Raymond has done an outstanding job. I think Corey Raymond did and is doing, a great job of breaking down his position group and finding talent. I think he identified the needs of his unit and set out to improve it. I think he saw the CBs on the roster past 2011 and knew he needed help.

Other than Raymond Ford, who has incredible athleticism, I love their sizes (Seisay - 6'2 200, Shelton - 6'1 185, Moore - 6'2 180) and overall skill set. The thing that you have to like is not only are they top-notch prospects, but their playing strengths really fit into what I think Pelini wants. They are not only talented, but a schematic fit - which is underrated.

Exactly. Horses for courses. Gotta fit into the scheme and the culture. Bo gets it.

The thing that you have to like is not only are they top-notch prospects, but their playing strengths really fit into what I think Pelini wants. They are not only talented, but a schematic fit - which is underrated.

How about a Husker dream scenario where they end up finishing their class of with:

1. Andrus Peat
2. Devin Fuller
3. Evan Goodman
4. Quanzell Lambert
5. Devian Shelton
6. Alonzo Moore
7. Vincent Valentine
8. Imani Cross

Might as well shoot for the stars. Looks like Nebraska is in on some coin flips with some of the best players in the country. Not quite the same thing on the line as was the case in 'No Country for Old Men', but maybe the same adrenaline rush for Husker fans. ;)

Good luck Wednesday Morning Husker fans. I have a feeling you guys are gonna finish strong. Of course not these exact 8, but 7-9 good recruits. If John Papuchis does for the defense what he quickly did for Huskers' recruiting efforts, I think he will prove to be an A+ hire. Because in his one full year as recruiting coordinator, he changed their aggression, pecking order and focus and with a small class will have done a marvelous job when all is said and done IMHO. Would have liked to see him coordinate another class with 25-28 scholarships to work with. Hopefully Bo Pelini is happy enough with what this strategy did (come signing day) that he encourages Rich Fisher to employ the same recruiting philosophy.

N2FL, from your thoughts to the recruiting god's ears! That would be a very nice finish to the recruiting year. A class like that will also help build momentum for next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back