• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2020 Commits

It is a pretty good article. Although I do not understand the grading. They gave us an A and Michigan a B even though they finished ahead of us at #11.

yeah that’s a little odd, I’m guessing the grade is more of how the school or head coach closed on signing day...

I think that the grades are based on a combination of the needs of the program (and how well the recruits meet that need) and the overall quality of the class. Nebraska needed WRs and DLs, and we brought in a bunch, and the overall quality was high. You could also probably grade how well you did relative to who you were pursuing, so Michigan pursuing a 5-star who goes elsewhere while settling for a 4-star would score lower than Nebraska landing the 4-star that they were pursuing.

Last edited:
Pretty advantageous that nine of the 23 signees will be early enrollees:

QB Logan Smothers
WR Alante Brown
OT Turner Corcoran
NG Jordon Riley
LB Blaise Gunnerson
LB Eteva Mauga-Clements
DB Henry Gray
DB Jaiden Francois
DB Tamon Lynum

EAST SQUAD

7. Keyshawn Greene (154) - No second-level defender made more plays for the East than the Nebraska linebacker signee who closed quickly on the screen games in the flats. With terrific speed and length, Greene is a space-eater who should make an early impact in Lincoln.

WEST SQUAD

4. Turner Corcoran (38) - Corcoran, the No. 1 player in Kansas, played tackle on both sides at points today and showed the consistency in both practices, flashing good footwork and stout pass protection but also good lateral moving when getting out and pulling. The Nebraska signee has a nice frame, a quarter-inch under 6-foot-5, at 297 pounds, and moved extremely well.

Last edited:
It is a pretty good article. Although I do not understand the grading. They gave us an A and Michigan a B even though they finished ahead of us at #11.
I think that the grades are based on a combination of the needs of the program (and how well the recruits meet that need) and the overall quality of the class. Nebraska needed WRs and DLs, and we brought in a bunch, and the overall quality was high. You could also probably grade how well you did relative to who you were pursuing, so Michigan pursuing a 5-star who goes elsewhere while settling for a 4-star would score lower than Nebraska landing the 4-star that they were pursuing.
I took it as more of a, "based on their recruiting history and potential...," power ranking, of sorts.

You must be new here.....
I am. Plus, the number of stickies in this always annoys me. Plus, I dont see the value of this particular thread topic. I appreciate N2FL's analysis of the recruits and his passion but ranking players doesn't make sense to me as they are in different positions.

Lol - Reimer would have been #1 last year and Paup #1 the other year. Not sure people would be happy with that “success” rate.

It’s kind of a bummer, because Paup appears to have talent, but is still behind enough guys to feel if he wants meaningful minutes, he will needs to find it elsewhere. Can’t fault him for that, and it’s certainly not a failure trying to walkon. If he stayed, who knows with transfers or injuries, he could eventually be a key contributor.

I am. Plus, the number of stickies in this always annoys me. Plus, I dont see the value of this particular thread topic. I appreciate N2FL's analysis of the recruits and his passion but ranking players doesn't make sense to me as they are in different positions.
Well you could probably just go back to hanging out in the football forum. Someone may appreciate your opinion on the value of thread topics there. I’m sure I am not the minority in this thread that gives a Texas what you think. Thanks for stopping by. :Wave:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back