• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked My S&C Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm even dumber.. I missed it all

because it still looks to me like the LEFT tackle had a seal block and the LEFT guard made the kick out block.

The right tackle is the one who pulled. The right guard doubles a DL along with the center.

[video=youtube;IG7y36xGK2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7y36xGK2Y&feature=player_embedded#t=23[/video]

Last edited:

The right tackle is the one who pulled. The right guard doubles a DL along with the center.

[video=youtube;IG7y36xGK2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7y36xGK2Y&feature=player_embedded#t=23[/video]

Yeah, I was so focused on the left side I blocked out the pulling tackle

Who cares about guards and tackles really, in those Tenopir lines it didn't much matter. The reason I really posted the video was leaning more towards " An NCAA record setting line that lost 4 starters from the previous season" We saw what happened when we lost 4 starters and it didn't look like we gained or lost anything considering the Wyoming game. Do we even discuss or know what a Pancake is anymore, I remember drinking games that involved Pancakes and you would throw up the white flag in one quarter back in the day

Last edited:
This is more of an anecdotal comment, but at Nebraska, we used to "manufacture" Offensive linemen. After the great line of '94 graduated I think 4 of 5, we just reloaded and put an even better line on the field in '95. I know this might qualify as an "eyeball test" comparison, but these guys could really RUN, move, and get their pads down to deliver a block. As the topic is S&C, this is where a comparison can really be made. When I get time, I'm going to try to find injury statistics for the Offensive lines of 94 and 95. Just from memory, I don't recall as many significant ones, especially compared to the current squad.

This is more of an anecdotal comment, but at Nebraska, we used to "manufacture" Offensive linemen. After the great line of '94 graduated I think 4 of 5, we just reloaded and put an even better line on the field in '95. I know this might qualify as an "eyeball test" comparison, but these guys could really RUN, move, and get their pads down to deliver a block. As the topic is S&C, this is where a comparison can really be made. When I get time, I'm going to try to find injury statistics for the Offensive lines of 94 and 95. Just from memory, I don't recall as many significant ones, especially compared to the current squad.
Injuries? LOL they were shoving around the likes of Warren Sapp and standing over him as he was sucking on oxygen bottles in 94. What teams have we played that have players that resemble 1/2 of Sapp? That's why I can't wait to see the Stanford/MSU game to see just how good that MSU defense really is. Should be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back