• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked My S&C Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures were photoshopped to make our players look fat and out of shape. The evil media will go to any lengths to make Bo look bad. ;)

There could also be conspiracies within the S&C program, and, with the training staff, and assistant coaches, as well. Hmmm...no wonder Bo doesn't trust anyone, could all be against him.

Last edited:

There could also be conspiracies within the S&C program, and, with the trainering staff on asssistant coaches, as well. Hmmm...no wonder Bo doesn't trust anyone, they are all against him.

How could they not be against this evil man image.jpg

Holy crap...that video is insane. I don't even know how it's possible for players on that particular team to watch that and NOT absolutely crucify Florida. I know it's a different time and a different place...but is there any doubt that there is no chance that guys like Wistron and Peter are sorely missing from the current NU program? I mean seriously...there's almost something not quite right with those dudes.

Very strong point.

OMG. I've always been skeptical of introducing computers to measure and calibrate workouts. In fact, I'm probably older school than you, I'm one of those that strongly believed in working out with free weights, in a garage, with "Guns & Roses" blaring in the background. When you maxed out your last reps were really ugly, often one side coming up almost completely before you got the other side moving well. Horrible form on those rep's but it was the all out effort and determination that help you gain and advance quickly to even higher weights. You never gave up on a rep until you failed from near exhaustion and your workout partner would only assist when absolutely necessary to prevent the weight from crushing down on you. Machines that tell you to stop or calibrate things to ensure you never work hard enough to hurt yourself seem like a receipe for building a bunch of softies. And, based on the way our team looks...that's likely exactly where we are. I know I am likely carrying this argument further than you agree with...but it is how I've felt and back in the day I logged far more than my fair share of time lifting.

You are far more understanding of Bo than I am. I am fine with him not publicly pointing to problems on his own staff, no one would do that. But, it is quite different, if you do believe there is a problem to come out and say that there is no problem--that's flat out lying. So, I really don't think Bo gets it...like all of his other issues, he is either not smart enough to diagnose it, or he is incapable of changing it. I remember an old "report card" thread that I did on Bo years ago...each point is as valid today as it was then. Of course, back then I was roundly ridiculed for it...now it rings true to most folks, even many bolievers.

Wow,I've heard your argument before and couldn't agree more, JP!

Last edited:
"EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOWN HERE! D.S. ON OUR FEET!!"

Grant Freakin Wistron scares me.

Quite possibly the greatest leader in Husker history and definitely one of my top three favorite NU players of all-time. His personality type is sorely missing with this team.

"EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOWN HERE! D.S. ON OUR FEET!!"

Grant Freakin Wistron scares me.

That wasn't grant wistrom.

Wistrom and tomich and Rucker (and Suh) were all guys who weren't "a little off" but definitely knew how to dial it up.

Yes, C. Peter is a little different. Definitely teams benefit from guys like that.

Holy crap...that video is insane. I don't even know how it's possible for players on that particular team to watch that and NOT absolutely crucify Florida. I know it's a different time and a different place...but is there any doubt that there is no chance that guys like Wistron and Peter are sorely missing from the current NU program? I mean seriously...there's almost something not quite right with those dudes.

Teams that win have those type cats on their team.

Different time different place....no This is still Nebraska.

Peters in his book talked about the bounties they use to put on players. They would put their per diem in a pool and go after it....Highest price bounty was the QB.

Peters in his book talked about the bounties they use to put on players. They would put their per diem in a pool and go after it....Highest price bounty was the QB.

Yeah I read that book...interesting stuff

i agree with most the things *** has posted...all i would say is that a lot of issues and problems within a S&C program can be "fixed" in a year...a few small changes to what is going on can make a big difference.

Dobson's S&C program might be the best in the nation but is falling short in a few areas...a little switch in how he and his staff are coaching the guys and a few adjustments to the actual lifts/conditioning, that is going on, can yield big gains and see a big reduction in injuries.

I say this as the head strength and conditioning advisor for numerous colleges around the nation for baseball
Agree completely, as I've said, Dobson does do some good things. All he has to do is change a few things around and we are good to go. But I do think there are some glaring issues that can be fixed. The whole fire/keep him thing will only come about if changes aren't made, as the past 3 years our S&C has been lacking in my opinion.

You are right, he can make some massive fixes that could realistically be done and implemented to help our team starting after the bowl game and help us in 2014. Things that actually won't take that much effort or time, but it's all a matter of philosophy and if he wants to. Like I said, I have heard some other things that make me feel a little bit better about the direction we are going in the weight room for the upcoming season so I have my fingers crossed...

Was browsing the net, looking for articles on how S&C training can reduce injuries. Common theme in many of them is absolutely yes, good S&C programs will cut down on injuries during the season.

Found this B/R article on Stanford. Not saying I agree in total with the article, but did find it interesting reading.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...inside-the-stanford-football-strength-program

Interesting. The New York Times just did an article on Stanford's S&C program also.

Shannon Turley, Stanford’s director of football sports performance, stresses function, balance and flexibility, and his program has helped prevent injuries.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/s...ining-regimen-redefines-strength.html?hp&_r=0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back