• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked My first time with insider info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska1

Cornhusker since 1969
20 Year Member
And it's old info. Talked to a former player's dad at the gym. He said his son and the team loved Bo but a lot of them thought the majority of the assistant coaches were a joke. He singled out Papoochis as being awful and wasn't ready to be DC. Apparently it was well known that Bo just wanted family and buddies around him. It's stuff we already new but I had to post my day late and a dollar short insider stuff.All in all, I'm glad we have Mike Riley and his group. Mature and professional will be a nice change of pace.

Last edited:

Is that a no-no. I can remove it if that's what's proper.

I don't think it's a no-no from the board's perspective, but the player's Dad may not have wanted to see his kid's name semi-published is my point. The kid could get some blow back from other, like fellow team mates who may have seen it differently, that's all.

edited to add: Ah, never mind. I forgot he's not there anymore. Probably doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Hey, the buddy hire argument returns!

With Riley, it's ok to hire people you know, trust, and respect. With Bo, it's not ok.

With Riley, it's ok to hire people you know, trust, and respect. With Bo, it's not ok.
How many first time coordinators has riley put in place? And when will you get off your cross for Pelini?

depends on if they can actually coach...time will tell...also, it really becomes problematic when there is a reluctance to make changes when it's obvious they need to be made...it also is very telling that all the coaches who could really coach don't coach here any more...probably because no coach can have a different opinion than Bo and it's his way or the highway because "the process" works

This point has been beaten down in numerous threads by NFL, SOS and Goaline. Experience. When one of Riley's Coordinators when from GA to DC or OC in less than 4 years or has never called plays at a P5 level then you can have the buddy argument. I have not seen any rumors of GA's being hired. Bo picked some good veteran coaches but many bad ones. You can never be the boss to a best friends. It does not work.

First rate managers hire first rate people. Second rate managers hire third rate people. Classic management mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back