• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Multiple Sport Athletes

Bo Jackson, Turner Gill, Deion Sanders and many others beg to differ.
There are definitely a few exceptions, but by and large it is difficult to be multi-sport the further you progress.

If it takes 10,000 hours to master a certain skill, there is only so much time available for a person to work on those skills. Guys like Bo and Deion had athleticism that was generational, which helped them out a lot. There is definitely a point at which it makes sense to focus on one sport, I just don't believe that time should be middle school, or even really high school.

agreed, since this is a men's forum, I didn't comment on softball, but don't doubt what you're saying
Baseball is the same way as softball. Travel is out of control in those sports. It is to the point where you have some travel coaches actually urging some kids not to play for their school, solely to focus on the travel side. Everyone thinks their kids is going to play in college and just throws money at a sport that doesn't even provide full scholarships in most cases.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back