• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most Memorable Husker Run Play

Any TD we score, whether it be from 1 foot or 80 yards. But actually, the Frazier TD against the Gators has to be the run for me over all. Being the only Husker fan in the bar where me and a buddy of mine were watching the game. Glorious moment in time for sure.

My personal favorite is this little gem

Such a clutch run in such a huge game. I wasn't alive for the '70s titles and this was the moment I realized I was going to see the Huskers win a NC.

Absolutely agree, I was going to post this same one. It was his 2nd series back in the game. The first series ended in a punt after a 3rd down option was stopped, and stupid Cris Collinsworth suggested that Brook should come back in because the Miami defense was too fast for the option. The way Frazier bounced up after that run still gives me chills.

Absolutely agree, I was going to post this same one. It was his 2nd series back in the game. The first series ended in a punt after a 3rd down option was stopped, and stupid Cris Collinsworth suggested that Brook should come back in because the Miami defense was too fast for the option. The way Frazier bounced up after that run still gives me chills.

Yep. That little spin he does when he gets up gives me goosebumps, too.

Many have forgotten that the Huskers won their first national championship in the 1970-71 Orange Bowl when Tagge scored on a one yard QB sneak in the fourth quarter. That's why I included it in my "most memorable" runs. The run, with Tagge leaning over the goal line in the middle of a pile of LSU Tigers with the ball was the cover of the SI magazine the following week as I recall. The Miami national championship was Osborne's first.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back