• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most Iconic Run in NU history?

Who had the most Iconic run in NU history?

There are many. My vote would be either Crouch's 95 yard run against Missouri or Frazier's 75 yard run against Florida. Or, maybe Schlesinger's two TD runs against Miami. And, of course there is Johnny Rogers and his kick return against OU.

What is your choice?
You named the ones I would have named.Keep the faith.GBR.

So I believe it is the TFraz run. I also do not think the JRs punt return should be a candidate. It was not a run, it was a special teams return. The stats do not show up as rushing yards.

All that being said I am surprised that no one mentioned any of the runs from Helu against Mizzou. Just a whole day of unbelievable runs.

This isn't a TD run, but I love the ref's comment, The players body was down but he wasn't down, TOUCHDOWN!!! LOL

I was at that game. very weird bright spot in an otherwise not so good day. Aikman and Ball tore us apart that day. Our defense overall looked terrible.

TFraz against Florida.

It's literally called, "The Run" and is well-known outside of just Nebraska fans.
It wasn’t that great of a run. Those guys had all quit and weren’t really even trying that hard to bring him down. It was a run with poor tackling. Nothing really great about it.

I was at that game. very weird bright spot in an otherwise not so good day. Aikman and Ball tore us apart that day. Our defense overall looked terrible.

Yeah, the final score in that game didn't look too bad, but it was beat down of a game.

It wasn’t that great of a run. Those guys had all quit and weren’t really even trying that hard to bring him down. It was a run with poor tackling. Nothing really great about it.

:Banghead:

giphy.gif

The thread title is "most iconic," not "best run when the opponent was already gassed."

There are plenty of other runs that showed more power, speed or finesse, but when you talk about icons in college football most people generally think of 1995 Nebraska as one of the best. And, when you think about 1995 Nebraska you think about Tommie Frazier.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back