• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most Iconic Run in NU history?

Goal-line

Varsity
10 Year Member
Who had the most Iconic run in NU history?

There are many. My vote would be either Crouch's 95 yard run against Missouri or Frazier's 75 yard run against Florida. Or, maybe Schlesinger's two TD runs against Miami. And, of course there is Johnny Rogers and his kick return against OU.

What is your choice?

First play that came to mind was Makovicka's "won't be denied" TD against Akron in '97.

Then Bobby Reynolds against Mizzou.

I deliberately skipped over Crouch's 95'er and Frazier's 75'er because they're too obvious.

Then I saw post #5 and realized Rozier's TD run against UCLA has to go on the list. I was sitting in Sec. 6, row 1, seat 1 for that one. Coolest part was after the play, you could still tell exactly where he had run, because there were fallen Bruins in his path, like a trail of bread crumbs.

Last edited:
First play that came to mind was Makovicka's "won't be denied" TD against Akron in '97.

I deliberately skipped over Crouch's 95'er and Frazier's 75'er because they're too obvious.

Then I saw post #5 and realized Rozier's TR run against UCLA has to go on the list. I was sitting in Sec. 6, row 1, seat 1 for that one. Coolest part was after the play, you could still tell exactly where he had run, because there were fallen Bruins in his path, like a trail of bread crumbs.
You beat me to it on the Mackovicka’s run. It epitomized the husker spirit. Favorite play of all time. Defines “Determination “

Last edited:
The most "iconic" play in NU history is clearly JR's TD punt return in 71. He had a few better returns but not with so much on the line. TF's run gets a lot of press but even he admitted it was at a point in the game where the Florida guys were giving up...the press does love that play though. The press also loved the Mike Rozier 1 yard TD run, which wasn't much of anything to me. My personal favorites are Tagge's 1-yard lean vs LSU for the NC win, Kinney's last TD in the GOC, and Schlesinger's last TD vs Miami for the NC win.

Then I saw post #5 and realized Rozier's TR run against UCLA has to go on the list. I was sitting in Sec. 6, row 1, seat 1 for that one. Coolest part was after the play, you could still tell exactly where he had run, because there were fallen Bruins in his path, like a trail of bread crumbs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back