• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos

I agree with this scenario. As a school teacher in small towns and a few stints overseas at some (regionally) prestigious schools, it was entirely possible to have a career destroyed by someone taking pictures with an iPhone at an inopportune moment with suggestive background imagery. Same with charges of fooling around. Mac Brown would not do a photo unless a) his wife took the picture, b) his hands were showing, and c) no alcohol was present. His wife was also always careful to make sure that the background wouldn't be misinterpreted.

It's become all too easy to destroy someone's career.

And....all to common for someone to want to destroy someone's career.

Anyone figure out who the disgruntled person is who would start this rumor? Anyone? Bueller?
Best guess would be someone attached to the athletic department who feels their program is being treated unfairly. Or isn’t receiving the same type of support as football. Which may be the majority of them at the moment.
Hopefully there are no disgruntled/unhappy people working in the AD's office and this was all a bad adult version of the postman game.
I.E...AD Office worker meets friend for lunch and casually comments that AD Moos came to work late as he was at a Husker event the night before. The friend jokes to the AD Office worker that maybe they partied too hard at the Husker event and he was hung over. Both laugh and note how AD Moos does like to have a beer or two. Friend, excited to gossip about close ties to AD office with his/her coworkers, changes conversation to "my AD Office worker friend says Moos showed up hung over after Husker event the night before". News flies from office to office until reporter/radio personality starts reporting the rumors.

This scenario to me would seem the most likely way this all went down. Every Husker fan that lives in Nebraska or has ties to Nebraska has a friend of a friend with "inside" news so we all know how fast info can fly. If not, then the Husker AD department is in a horrible situation if one malicious employee is free to act nefariously and make a multi-million dollar organization stop on its heals to address the rumors. I would think, and hope, that AD Moos has been around long enough to earn some goodwill with employees and they would point out these types of problems quickly.
My 2-cents and a box of rocks.:)

Hopefully there are no disgruntled/unhappy people working in the AD's office and this was all a bad adult version of the postman game.
I.E...AD Office worker meets friend for lunch and casually comments that AD Moos came to work late as he was at a Husker event the night before. The friend jokes to the AD Office worker that maybe they partied too hard at the Husker event and he was hung over. Both laugh and note how AD Moos does like to have a beer or two. Friend, excited to gossip about close ties to AD office with his/her coworkers, changes conversation to "my AD Office worker friend says Moos showed up hung over after Husker event the night before". News flies from office to office until reporter/radio personality starts reporting the rumors.

This scenario to me would seem the most likely way this all went down. Every Husker fan that lives in Nebraska or has ties to Nebraska has a friend of a friend with "inside" news so we all know how fast info can fly. If not, then the Husker AD department is in a horrible situation if one malicious employee is free to act nefariously and make a multi-million dollar organization stop on its heals to address the rumors. I would think, and hope, that AD Moos has been around long enough to earn some goodwill with employees and they would point out these types of problems quickly.

I was just picking up on the between the lines on a S&B segment last week. I have no insider knowledge.

It all makes me curious about the dynamics around and within the department.

I mean, the same culture that fed these Moos rumors also gave us audiogate.

I was just picking up on the between the lines on a S&B segment last week. I have no insider knowledge.

It all makes me curious about the dynamics around and within the department.

I mean, the same culture that fed these Moos rumors also gave us audiogate.
I certainly don't have insider information either. I'm just speculating like everyone else. I cringe when I hear "disgruntled employee" because that can often mean more problems and casts a shadow over the department.

I will say that I was present in Kearney, Nebraska during one of HCSF's last high school games so by Husker "insider" credentialing standards on HM and the great State of Nebraska I can be considered an authority on all things related to HCSF. :wow::Timeout:

No matter the occupation, position, or topic, you can't please all the people all the time. It shouldn't amaze me (though it still does) that some scum would sling mud at a guy who's doing an impeccable job. And I guess it's human nature to spread the most salacious rumors, even if there's nothing to them.

This is some funny stuff considering Bob Devaney's choice of beverages...... Didn't prevent him from being a pretty good AD imo. I like Moos and very glad he was hired......... :nod:

In today's age and wisdom, I think the next bobfather could benefit from replacing his EtoH with THC. Research has shown it's less addictive, less physically harmful, and better with brain activity. Let's just look at the chemical properties and research. Alcohol is a rare toxic that will actually kill you if you are addicted and stop using. The only other is benzodiazapines. Both 100% legal by prescription or at Walgreens, but stopping them could kill you. Even worse consequences than opoiodes, amphetamines, cocaine, etc.

In today's age and wisdom, I think the next bobfather could benefit from replacing his EtoH with THC. Research has shown it's less addictive, less physically harmful, and better with brain activity. Let's just look at the chemical properties and research. Alcohol is a rare toxic that will actually kill you if you are addicted and stop using. The only other is benzodiazapines. Both 100% legal by prescription or at Walgreens, but stopping them could kill you. Even worse consequences than opoiodes, amphetamines, cocaine, etc.
I get what you are saying. I will point out that opioids have just as lethal consequences as alcohol and benzos. You don’t die when you stop taking them, you die while taking them. There were more opioid overdose deaths in US last year than car crash fatalities. It’s an epidemic right now.

I get what you are saying. I will point out that opioids have just as lethal consequences as alcohol and benzos. You don’t die when you stop taking them, you die while taking them. It’s an There were more opioid overdose deaths in US last year than car crash fatalities.It’s an epidemic right now.
Thanks for that tidbit, both. I have been saying this for years.

I agree with this scenario. As a school teacher in small towns and a few stints overseas at some (regionally) prestigious schools, it was entirely possible to have a career destroyed by someone taking pictures with an iPhone at an inopportune moment with suggestive background imagery. Same with charges of fooling around. Mac Brown would not do a photo unless a) his wife took the picture, b) his hands were showing, and c) no alcohol was present. His wife was also always careful to make sure that the background wouldn't be misinterpreted.

It's become all too easy to destroy someone's career.

You don't even need real pictures.
drunkbo.jpg
solichcopy3gz.jpg

It's un-American to be refused to face an accuser. Some Texas sucking effeminate personality needs to be exposed for beginning this smear campaign. So Perlman-like.

There's a lot in college basketball. With over 300 D1 teams, there are a lot of small "laboratories" for guys to work on things. And it could be a small tweak to what they learned under another coach. Look at Roy Williams. All of what he learned is from Dean Smith. He just sped it up to almost insane speed because he believes in number of possessions per game. That's why I would want Nebraska to hire someone who learned from a coach like Roy Williams or Rick Pitino (minus the off the court stuff). Speed up the game and run pressure. That can alleviate a lot of talent discrepancies.
I agree. My choice would be someone who can recruit very well coming out of the Bennett family tree. When you can get players to play team defense like the Bennetts have done, everything else becomes possible.

It's un-American to be refused to face an accuser. Some Texas sucking effeminate personality needs to be exposed for beginning this smear campaign. So Perlman-like.
This is the new way of the world. You would not believe the sorts of surreal conversations that now take place in education at all levels. Most people have heard about the controversial changes with accusations of sexual assault on college campuses (the accused does not get to confront the accuser, and sometimes they don't even bother allowing the accused to know the details of what they have been accused), but similar sorts of crap is trickling down into secondary and even elementary schools. If a parent doesn't like a teacher or coach, they can go to the admin person who is the decision-maker, file a complaint, and then claim that the teacher/coach is too intimidating to confront directly. If the complaining parent is a female, and the teacher/coach is a male, there is a growing trend to bend staff or student handbooks to accommodate. I used to work at a school where a change in administration led to that sort of thing starting to happen, and I got the h3!! out of there as quickly as possible. There are now administrators who are doing the same with complaints from students about teachers/coaches. It's educational suicide. If I'm a student, and I don't like my teacher, all I have to do is go to the highest ranking sympathetic ear that I can find and tell them all manner of b.s., and the worse, the more effective it will be. I saw a teacher get dismissed for an accusation of inappropriate touching; nobody who knew the teacher believed it, and the student later went on to try the same thing in situations where it wasn't plausible. The teacher's career was destroyed, and that student is now in the state mental hospital. Not to be too mean-spirited, but they literally took the word of a crazy girl over a respected teacher.

All of this is coming soon to a workplace near you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back