• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos

Not sure how many past NCAA champions have been of the 4 year developed cycle. Nova certainly haven't been as notorious for one and done as say, UK or Duke.

I guess Nevada and there 5-year seniors will be a possible test case, although i believe many of those players were transfers.
I don’t think the majority of Husker fans expect a final four-ish type program in b-ball. Right now we’d take a consistently NCAA qualifying program. Content for an occasional conference championship. He’ll this program hasn’t won ONE tournament game much less contend for a final four?

I'm sure there will be disagreement in who I don't label as a blue blood in basketball, but from that list you can see that unlike in college football, you can be a small school or one with little tradition and make a run. There's zero reason that NEbrasketball has been this bad for so long. You don't need 5 one and dones to be good (look at the current #1 team in the country).

No kidding. I don't care if we make a run, I just want that one damn win. Hell, we'll probably put a banner in the rafters for our top 32 tourney finish when (if) that happens.

I don’t think the majority of Husker fans expect a final four-ish type program in b-ball. Right now we’d take a consistently NCAA qualifying program. Content for an occasional conference championship. He’ll this program hasn’t won ONE tournament game much less contend for a final four?

Or won a conf title, since the 50’s.

I’m totally fine with what I’m seeing from where I’m at... which is quite far removed from the day to day operations of the UNL Athletic Department.

I trust that Bill’s performance is very well defined, measured and assessed by his one-up leader(s). I also trust that any opportunities for improvement are equally well defined, measured and assessed.

It’s a shame that in this day and age, social media can be leveraged to create such a disruption from basically an “n of one”... or an “n of a few”.

The bottom line, Bill’s boss is the opinion that matters.

Last edited:
As long as Moos doesn't hurt the program or set it back in some way, I don't really care what he does, however this isn't the 60's or 70's and he is the face of a multi million dollar company. Times have changed, does he need to be a choir boy, absolutely not, just be smart.

The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle. I've been hearing that Moos liked to drink for over a month. I actually just gave the "who doesn't" response to who told me that. Didn't even give it a second thought until all of this came up. Here's what most likely happened. Guy drinks at most booster outings, has some drinks out on the town, so most people only see him and he's got a beer in his hand. He maybe takes it too far one night, and all of a sudden it's an issue.

I'm just glad he's staying. We don't need any more turnover anywhere.
I agree with this scenario. As a school teacher in small towns and a few stints overseas at some (regionally) prestigious schools, it was entirely possible to have a career destroyed by someone taking pictures with an iPhone at an inopportune moment with suggestive background imagery. Same with charges of fooling around. Mac Brown would not do a photo unless a) his wife took the picture, b) his hands were showing, and c) no alcohol was present. His wife was also always careful to make sure that the background wouldn't be misinterpreted.

It's become all too easy to destroy someone's career.

Anyone figure out who the disgruntled person is who would start this rumor? Anyone? Bueller?

Best guess would be someone attached to the athletic department who feels their program is being treated unfairly. Or isn’t receiving the same type of support as football. Which may be the majority of them at the moment.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back