• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos update/ things about to get real fluid

Wow, that would be a crazy schedule!

So we may replace Central Michigan, South Dakota State, & Cincinnati with Michigan, Michigan St., and Indiana?
Doesn't sound better to me.

Last edited:

That would be amazing if it could happen. No games that barely matter sounds great to me. I guarantee that the players would be thrilled to play a league opponent every game day instead of a team that doesn’t get you motivated.

Twelve games would sure help reduce the financial impact of all of this. Six home games isn’t as good as 8 but better than 4 or 5. I think this also speaks to Moos’ mindset about actually playing games this fall. Seems to be an indicator of optimism to me.

I like it, places like University of Nebraska and University of Michigan are doing fine, really no issues. But what i'm curious about is how they select who is tested. Are the schools that are having issues like Ohio State just testing everyone regularly? Are the schools like Nebraska and Michigan who are having no issues only testing if you have symptoms?

I like it, places like University of Nebraska and University of Michigan are doing fine, really no issues. But what i'm curious about is how they select who is tested. Are the schools that are having issues like Ohio State just testing everyone regularly? Are the schools like Nebraska and Michigan who are having no issues only testing if you have symptoms?

If they’re gonna do this, I think you have to test everyone, everywhere, repeatedly. By the time a bunch test positive, it is already “out” in the locker room or on campus. Waiting for trouble to be visible loses even more time.

If everyone got sick, and it was obvious right away, even this country would have stopped this by now. To have football, you’d have to be relentless in surveillance.

Under the current coronavirus data being made available, nation wide, I do not see college or high school sports happening. It is just not logistically possible. The pandemic is real and escalating. Unless someone comes up with a vaccine or miracle drug, we are in deep dodo.

Last edited:

At this point, the only viable option I see is to postpone all fall sports to the spring. All sports and athletic directors are going to continue to answer the "what if" questions while constantly responding to an ever changing environment that absolutely no one can predict, all why trying to keep these student athletes safe and healthy. Time is our one and only ally at this point, until a vaccine is developed, then is back to normal.

If they’re gonna do this, I think you have to test everyone, everywhere, repeatedly. By the time a bunch test positive, it is already “out” in the locker room or on campus. Waiting for trouble to be visible loses even more time.

If everyone got sick, and it was obvious right away, even this country would have stopped this by now. To have football, you’d have to be relentless in surveillance.
Eh... shrine bowl isn’t testing anyone. I think it goes back to these younger kids really don’t have much to worry about, so are we going to freak out about positive tests? If yes, shut it down now and don’t try. If no, try to have a season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back