• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos needs to get his house in order

But Florida and Tennessee do not have new ADs that have openly said they will make no coaching decisions until the end of the season.
Doesn't fit his narrative to complain. Must go against his publicly stated policy to appease us. There's a reason no recruits have committed since Moos has been hired, but he thinks since it's not public that coaches and recruits don't know their fate. It's quite comical.

"GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER MOOS! SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING OBVIOUSLY NO ONE DOES!"

Last edited:
He's publicly stated Riley and staff deserve to finish the year. That's a sign of respect in my book. If he's privately told the staff they'll be let go, that too is a sign of professionalism and respect. Nebraska fans not knowing exactly what's going on in the Athletic Department isn't Moos not having his ducks in a row and requires no action from him. We'll know officially when we know.

Doesn't fit his narrative to complain. Must go against his publicly stated policy to appease us. There's a reason no recruits have committed since Moos has been hired, but he thinks since it's not public that coaches and recruits don't know their fate. It's quite comical.

"GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER MOOS! SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING OBVIOUSLY NO ONE DOES!"
The demands we as fans make sometimes is comical. I'm almost certain we might be the most schizophrenic fan base in the country. This "greatest fans in college football" stuff sometimes seems like one big self pat on the back. Not sure the title is really warranted sometimes.

Moos stated that he is not going to fire a coach midseason and he is sticking to it. He said that Riley deserves to finish out the season, and he will. He also said that if you are going to make a coaching change you better have someone lined up before the best candidates are already taken. So, IMO, he is doing everything he has said he would do. I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
Moos ‘knows’ he’s not bringing Riley back. Be transparent to your fan base, 2018 recruits and most of all to the current players and coaches.

There is only one group on that list that you can definitively say he hasn't been transparent with and that's the fans. You don't know what he's told the coaching staff and you don't know what he's told the players. Sorry,we aren't owed jack.

I pay their salary! I'm entitled to see transparency!
One of the more silly things you hear when things aren't going well. After struggling against Ark State and Diaco thought he didn't have to talk after games, someone used this as a reason he should talk. "Since I help pay his salary I should be given an explanation for what happened!"

Fun times.

Moos stated that he is not going to fire a coach midseason and he is sticking to it. He said that Riley deserves to finish out the season, and he will. He also said that if you are going to make a coaching change you better have someone lined up before the best candidates are already taken. So, IMO, he is doing everything he has said he would do. I don't see the problem.
Right? Sounds to me like his house is very much in order.

The demands we as fans make sometimes is comical. I'm almost certain we might be the most schizophrenic fan base in the country. This "greatest fans in college football" stuff sometimes seems like one big self pat on the back. Not sure the title is really warranted sometimes.
Really easy to be nice when you were destroying people and almost felt bad for them. 98% of the fans are good and get it. The other 2% make outlandish demands. It's almost over.

But since he hasn't stated what he is doing publicly, he needs to get his house in order! "BE TRANSPARENT!"

Oracle and anyone else... think about this for a minute. This persona that Moos is laying out there isn't only about the head coach and his staff. There are countless Eichorst and Riley hires up there that Moos is evaluating and trying to distinguish between good v. bad; able to trust v. unable to trust. And there are other coaches (in other sports) that he is evaluating.

One of my "friends" at the university said he has never seen such a white knuckled grip on info coming out of the AD's office. The primary reason is because of the Eichorst and Riley implants. Moos doesn't know who to trust completely and just as important, he doesn't know who is loyal to whom. He has a very good idea and he wants to see people loyal to the university and some of those people will be learning their fait at the end of the year.

Moos very much has his house in order and is following a process in the manner in which it needs to be handled given the circumstances. He has not disrespected anyone publicly and he is following the contractual boundaries of all coaches and all athletic department personnel at Nebraska and this is the manner in which big time college football operates.

One of the more silly things you hear when things aren't going well. After struggling against Ark State and Diaco thought he didn't have to talk after games, someone used this as a reason he should talk. "Since I help pay his salary I should be given an explanation for what happened!"

Fun times.

I'm hoping that most Nebraska fans that watched the game can figure out what happened. Hoping. Pipe dream, I know, but we all have dreams. Transparency and all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back