• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mohamed Barry is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question for Red Reign? First off this is just a question. Nothing to stir the pot or anything like that. Also I have never tweeted at a potential recruit or anything close. I read a lot and rarely post.
The question I have is how is the tweeting at a potential recruit a violation? Especially when the person(s) tweeting these kids are nothing more than a fan and have no other ties to the school? If this was enforceable wouldn't you have people acting like fans of a particular team and sending tweets just to land them in some sort of trouble? I know this question may seem stupid but I see every year that the board mentions that fans can't tweet and it a potential violation. So if John Doe, who isn't really a Nebraska fan, tweets to a potential recruit to come to play for Nebraska could that potentially land Nebraska or that kid In some sort of trouble? Seems absurd to me. Is someone going to investigate John Doe to see if he truly is a Husker fan? It just seems like a crazy rule to me and un-enforceable. That is all I am asking. Maybe I am missing the obvious.

You are absolutely correct. This is an absolutely absurd, stupid NCAA rule that can not be enforced at all or properly policed.

Unfortunately I can believe the NCAA would create such a ridiculous rule.

With this rule, they have convinced the world that they are run by a bunch of morons.

And with that answer, Berry just became one of my favorites in the class. In this day and age, to hear a kid who sounds truly grateful for the opportunities given to him. Mohamed is already looking at the big picture that in exchange for playing football, he will get a quality "4 or 5" years of education. I can see the bunker mentality of the team beginning to change already.

:gobigred:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back