• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Washington sentenced to 30 days in jail

No, it's nothing like that. On the other hand, this is digital pus™ oozing out of Oracle's pores onto his keyboard and into our eyes:

Also, don't forget to add the trademark sign when quoting me like that, and a footnote credit would be appropriate. I'd hate to have to sic my legal team after y'all. Paying a small royalty isn't necessary, but it is deeply appreciated.

Our people need to talk.

Let’s do lunch.

Which neighborhood?
This one?
1583527863041.png

Didn't the two boys that actually perpetrated the crime just get probation? 30 days jail seems a bit harsh considering, but that is our wonderful legal system at work.

The kid needs to get his head screwed on straight or he will be in and out of jail his whole adult life.

Didn't the two boys that actually perpetrated the crime just get probation? 30 days jail seems a bit harsh considering, but that is our wonderful legal system at work.

The kid needs to get his head screwed on straight or he will be in and out of jail his whole adult life.

That's California for you, punish the least guilty offender and let the most guilty offenders off the hook..

I guess I don't understand how you get jail time for a first time misdemeanor. Someone really had a (no pun intended) hard on for him.

it was the threat of the heavy felony charge that got him to take the deal. He may have been able to fight it originally, but after all of the negative press (weed, getting booted from the team, etc.), he was unlikely to get a sympathetic jury and the prosecutors knew it.

To me the entire prosecution was designed to force him into the misdemeanor deal. The felony charge is based on a law that has not yet been tested in the courts, and while he may have won, he may have lost initially and taken years to appeal, and I'm sure he didn't want to be a guinea pig.

Could be wrong, but I don't think the other boys were ever charged with anything, which may say a lot about what the prosecutors think happened in this case. Mo was a more likely and public demonstration than arguing cases they didn't think they'd win

I think age is a contributing factor too. The 2 kids were juveniles when the incident (allegedly?) took place, while Mo was an adult.

I don’t hate Scott Frost. I just think he’s so intent on building a winner that he’s forgotten or overlooked some core values that most Nebraskan’s embrace.

Nebraska football history is littered with players in trouble for one reason or another. I don't see Scott handling this any different than previous coaches. Nor do I see an abandonment of Nebraskans values.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back