• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Washington sentenced to 30 days in jail

I don't have the actual source/link, but I saw some social media chatter of his (maybe copied from Twitter, posted to a Husker page) where he said something like, "I don't need football."

Prosecutors got what they wanted - used the club of the felony charge (which they probably didn't want to take to court) and got him to agree to this charge.

Given where he is/was in his life, this is probably the only way for him to move on. Hopefully he figures things out

It strikes me as a little harsh on the part of the prosecution. Finally, Mo is through with that. I hope he somehow is able to get his head on straight and progress in life. I can't imagine him playing anymore football. I think Nebraska football has indeed heard the last of Mo Washington.

Didn't the two boys that actually perpetrated the crime just get probation? 30 days jail seems a bit harsh considering, but that is our wonderful legal system at work.

The kid needs to get his head screwed on straight or he will be in and out of jail his whole adult life.

Could be wrong, but I don't think the other boys were ever charged with anything, which may say a lot about what the prosecutors think happened in this case. Mo was a more likely and public demonstration than arguing cases they didn't think they'd win

Could be wrong, but I don't think the other boys were ever charged with anything, which may say a lot about what the prosecutors think happened in this case. Mo was a more likely and public demonstration than arguing cases they didn't think they'd win
I tend to believe getting caught with pot while on bail has something to do with the “harsh” sentence

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back