• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mixon makes it 'official' this morning he is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom...ICBM style!
Micosoft nudet.jpg

I think the B1G will try and grab some more teams in the south. I think Georgia Tech and Virginia will be targeted and would be a big benefit in recruiting for the confernce. If you look at fit and geography, I think Pitt and Boston College make sense too.

Exactly why I think when the expansion to 16 teams happens (and it will happen) Mizzou will be begging to get in the B1G. And, quite honestly, despite our disdain for them I think they would be one of the best geographical/culture combination fits for the conference.

I think the B1G will try and grab some more teams in the south. I think Georgia Tech and Virginia will be targeted and would be a big benefit in recruiting for the confernce. If you look at fit and geography, I think Pitt and Boston College make sense too.

and basketball will just get tougher and tougher for the Huskers.

Another defensive line recruit stolen from the Tiggers, it doesn't get much better than that!

I understand the logic in getting more teams in a broader geographic range, but I think the last two years the Husker fans can talk to the point of how much more difficult it is to get to the away games now that conferences are expanding to where the TV markets are. Only a few years ago, I could make it to every away game but usually one in a season. Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, even Columbia weren't too far away. Now, Iowa City is the closest and it's 4 hours away. You have to do a better job managing your finances, and usually that means cutting back travel. Back in the day I could just give my buddy a case of beer and pay for a hot dog at the game and I could hop in the car with him.

I also used to walk uphill to school, both ways... god I sound negative

Not negative at all ***.Sign of the times.Travel is much more difficult now.I think they call it progress.

Pinkel is 90-61 at Mizzou. His teams were Big 12 North co-champs 3 times in Mizzou's last 5 years in that conference. They beat the #25 ranked Huskers 41-6 in 2007 and 52-17 in 2008, albeit down years for GBR, but all in all not a bad track record. Vandy had a tremendous year last year. Stoops will change things in Lexington. Ole Miss, as you admit, is having success on the recruiting front this year. There is no reason to totally dismiss the futures of those schools. Kansas State during the heydey of Nebraska's rise to the mountain top was the butt of many an opinion like yours of the teams mentioned here. College football accepts change a little more readily than you, I guess. Go Vandy, Kentuck, Ole Miss and Mizzou. Hiccup. Now, you've the tongue of an ogre with the face of an adder and I have a good mind to lip you a bit, but me mouth is like a dry crust and the sun is that hot on me pate, I need a drink. So mercy is upon you.

I stand by my opinion. Vandy is as good right now as they are going to get. Kentucky could improve enough to make multiple times, but they aren't going to become a power, ever, in SEC football. That is not going to happen.

While Mizzou May be able to win a division title, it's going to take them a series of top 20, at least, recruiting classes for at least five straight years for that to happen. Exactly how well has Pinkel done at recruiting during his tenure?

Don't underestimate Vandy... they have a very good coach and have been doing well w/ recruiting. They will be very competitive as long as Franklin is around.

Don't underestimate Vandy... they have a very good coach and have been doing well w/ recruiting. They will be very competitive as long as Franklin is around.

Take another close look at their season. Becoming the best of the non-competitive (read lousy) teams in a conference does not make you competitive.

......I think the jury is still out on Vandy....I just moved from Nashville, spent 10 long yrs there......what is competitive?......Rodgers brother graduated at QB & he could both run & throw.....northwestern beat them by bout 2 tds.....they beat umass, kentucky, vols, wake forest, bad mizzou by 4, auburn by 4....don't think there is a bowl team in there......maybe the only good win was ole miss by 1 pt.....think Nashville is excited for them cos they're used to beating no one........they really still haven't......

......I think the jury is still out on Vandy....I just moved from Nashville, spent 10 long yrs there......what is competitive?......Rodgers brother graduated at QB & he could both run & throw.....northwestern beat them by bout 2 tds.....they beat umass, kentucky, vols, wake forest, bad mizzou by 4, auburn by 4....don't think there is a bowl team in there......maybe the only good win was ole miss by 1 pt.....think Nashville is excited for them cos they're used to beating no one........they really still haven't......

Well, by the comments by fans on these web sites, you're not competitive unless you're winning your division, at least.

Of the six teams you rattled off initially, their collective record was 21-51. They beat 2-10 Kentucky, and two teams that beat Kentucky. Two of their wins were against very, very bad FCS teams (3-20). They managed to beat one team with a winning record in the regular season, and a truly mediocre NCSU in what amounted to a home game.

I suppose for the locals that was an exciting season, but honestly they were marginally better than the worst four teams in the SEC, and managed to beat five of the six worst teams in the conference Ole Miss went 3-5 in the SEC, UK 0-8, Auburn 0-8, Mizzou 2-6, and MS 3-5).

Sorry, not a competitive program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back