• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mixon makes it 'official' this morning he is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all the commits to this class firm? I'd hate to see Mizzou get last laugh (Collins) but he turned them down right? I'd be happy just to hold court with this class, future "boom" or not.

Nebraska football is beginning to recover from the complete disaster brought on by Peterson. Look at Tennessee they may NEVER recover. It's easy to tear a program apart and listen to the so called big doners who want change for the sake of change. Nebraska will compete every year for the Big Ten title under this staff. They are young, energetic and passionate about coaching at Nebraska. Bo Pelini is still a young coach and still learning. He's passionate and I like that and he seems to be building a program the right way.When he loses that passion then it's time for a change but I don't see that any time soon.

This is a good vibe post to start the day..... goes great with my morning coffee and cigar out here on the back deck.

Thanks Yuengling!

Are all the commits to this class firm? I'd hate to see Mizzou get last laugh (Collins) but he turned them down right? I'd be happy just to hold court with this class, future "boom" or not.

Find some wood (preferably your own) and knock on it, but he has turned them down. And at this point unless he is on their campus they can't talk to him....

Right now I have this recruiting class rated as a B. If we get Mixon, it'll go to an B+... if we get Johnson in addition to that, it'll be an A-. If we'd been able to keep Samuelson and/or McWilson, it could have been an A/A+.

Look you don't need to respond in such a personal manner....I'm getting real tired of telling you about your posting style....

Thanks,

RR

Yeah, well you must be drunk. Neither Vanderbilt nor Kentucky will ever sit at the top of the SEC, and it will take a decade and a better coach than Pinkel for the Tigers to get a sniff. Now Ole Miss is recruiting well right now and they do have a history of winning a championship now and then.

Considering he told them 'no' to visiting him at school and 'no' to a in-home visit with his mom this past week....its done....

And yes they are all firm and will sign LOI's on Wednesday...

In addition:

FYI....starting today through Thursday....

Quiet PeriodRecruits can visit with college coaches but only at those college campuses. Also, during the month of September, October or November coaches are permitted to make one in-person off-campus visit to a recruit (at their high schools or at an athletic event) (colleges are allowed a total of 42 days of evaluation time during this period).
Dead PeriodCoaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

http://www.hithighlights.com/NCAA_Football_Recruiting_Calandar.php

Last edited:
Yeah, well you must be drunk. Neither Vanderbilt nor Kentucky will ever sit at the top of the SEC, and it will take a decade and a better coach than Pinkel for the Tigers to get a sniff. Now Ole Miss is recruiting well right now and they do have a history of winning a championship now and then.

Ole Miss tradition is on par with that of Minnesota ... it's been many decades .... many. Ole Miss last won a championship of any type in the early-60s. Even lowly Kentucky can claim a conference championship 15 years more recent. Not saying Ole Miss isn't on the right track, but I am saying their "history" is pretty darn ancient.

Right now I have this recruiting class rated as a B. If we get Mixon, it'll go to an B+... if we get Johnson in addition to that, it'll be an A-. If we'd been able to keep Samuelson and/or McWilson, it could have been an A/A+.

I have us at a B+ right now, we pull in another OL like Johnson I would think about bumping it up to A- .... I am really happy with the job our coaches did this year. We keep McWilson, like you said, and this would be a no doubter for an 'A' class....

One kid doesn't make the class, but I think he was a real difference maker and it's one of those things that if we never would have had him, I may not think that much about not having him now. If that makes sense....

I agree with you....

I have us at a B+ right now, we pull in another OL like Johnson I would think about bumping it up to A- .... I am really happy with the job our coaches did this year. We keep McWilson, like you said, and this would be a no doubter for an 'A' class....

One kid doesn't make the class, but I think he was a real difference maker and it's one of those things that if we never would have had him, I may not think that much about not having him now. If that makes sense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back