• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota in Trouble Next?

I think that those saying exercise as a punishment is not wrong are half right. If it is give me two laps. That is one thing. Making people exercise till they puke is very dangerous. Kids died in practice. That is why the rule changed.
And too many kids of the last 15-20 years or so aren't built for that kind of punishment. In the '60s, '50s, etc. it was no big deal because kids were conditioned better -- at least for the physical type of punishment. The 180-lb linemen had much better endurance than the fat kids today who train for short bursts.

This statement will t-off the traditionalists but using additional workouts as a form of punishment is antiquated and dangerous. In todays day and age a proper workout regimen is designed for each sport and each player to MAXIMIZE their potential. If running stairs or laps wasn’t built into that plan for the day then you are hurting that players potential and in worst case situations maybe threatening him health wise. (Hence the NCAA rule).

Looking around the world I see a lot of companies that have figured out a way to initiate corrective action and/or discipline without subjecting their people to strenuous activities that exceed the allocated physical activity already required for that position. Do you make a construction worker run circles around the construction site when he cut a board wrong?

Absolutely nothing wrong with having the player spend that same amount of time running laps alternately reviewing film of his mistake and film Of his teammates doing it properly. In advance cases you don’t start him or sit him for a quarter.

Unless I am reading the allegations wrong...that's what the former players are saying Crab. That and the Fleck Bank stuff. I totally believe both. He strikes me as a Gung ho DB.

We'll see what comes out on the forced medication, but I suspect we'll hear that players 'were encouraged'. I get it if I'm a trainer for any football team. 'You take one of these every 8 hours and you'll be able to practice this week and play Saturday'. So many guys have nagging, painful soft tissue injuries that could easily be treated with NSAIDS. Who knows what the truth is with this.

On the Fleck Bank, yeah. 100%. I honestly wouldn't have been at all surprised if the naked twister kind of crap we heard about at Northwestern was happening on Fleck's watch. He does seem dochey or slimy. However you want to frame it.

We'll see what comes out on the forced medication, but I suspect we'll hear that players 'were encouraged'. I get it if I'm a trainer for any football team. 'You take one of these every 8 hours and you'll be able to practice this week and play Saturday'. So many guys have nagging, painful soft tissue injuries that could easily be treated with NSAIDS. Who knows what the truth is with this.

On the Fleck Bank, yeah. 100%. I honestly wouldn't have been at all surprised if the naked twister kind of crap we heard about at Northwestern was happening on Fleck's watch. He does seem dochey or slimy. However you want to frame it.
Anti inflammatories can speed healing by preventing damage caused through swelling in nearby tissues.
Sure, they'll make you feel better as well, but they have their place.

This you're elite I'm elite everyone gets an elite trophy makes me want to puke though.
Sounds like a run away butler buttling the neighbors kids

Is a "fleck bank" anything like a spank bank?

Mental Photographs GIF - Owen Wilson Spank Bank Hall Pass - Discover &  Share GIFs

C

I’m a journalism nerd but this is the kind of story that gives the profession a bad name. This dude is like, some people don’t like PJ Fleck. No kidding. There are disgruntled players at every school in the country. It’s not news. There’s nothing substantial here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back