• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota in Trouble Next?

Seems like a lot of us are focusing on exercise as punishment in what has been revealed. Most of us who played back in the day had some of that as part of the game. But a couple of kids died in practice with excessive exercise punishment (and poor on the field attention) so we're left with the "new rule."

They'll sort that part out I suspect and coaches will still be able to make players run steps.

The parts that bother me concerning what we have heard so far (and that's really one report) are a couple of other things.

First in his program you apparently can have drug violations and breaking team rules forgiven if you go to an elementary school and play catch with some kids, or show up at a Rotary luncheon once a month - something like that. So skip classes, snort on the weekend, and visit Clinton elementary now and then.

Second, it sees to me he has created a cult, clear and simple with magic phrases, unquestioned control, adoration of him personally, etc. These kids are at an impressionable age and he seems to be taking advantage of that in what seems (again at least to me) a perverted way.

Those are the parts of the current story that really turn me off about him and his program. Once the kid signs the letter of commitment, he or she has made a hard decision that will be difficult to unravel. Cult followers become fanatics of course so those that have bought in are great acolytes to train the new kids.

I have no idea whether any of that will result in school or NCAA punishment (or the current fad - lawsuits) but that stuff seems a lot different from running steps.
Thank you for this post. I thought I was the only seeing the real problem here.

there was no 'drug violation' passes.. lol the fleck bank was for building good will during the first 2 years of his hire. and calling a failed weed test a 'drug violation' is a blatantly loaded statement and really should be shut down. it is, after all, 2023.

theres a reason NO local media wanted to touch this story. the former U professor that that article was sourced from has 'shopped' his story to 8 outlets, and some rinky dink front office sports 'reporter' picked it up. dudes from virginia and talked to former players, and the only one willing to put his name on it was a guy in defense of the culture. not to mention, reporter also probed gopher twitter and asked for sources.

i'm not saying pj and the culture is infaliable. but i am saying that piece was absolutely a hit piece and trash and these come up every year the past 3 years right around B1G media days.

there was no 'drug violation' passes.. lol the fleck bank was for building good will during the first 2 years of his hire. and calling a failed weed test a 'drug violation' is a blatantly loaded statement and really should be shut down. it is, after all, 2023.

theres a reason NO local media wanted to touch this story. the former U professor that that article was sourced from has 'shopped' his story to 8 outlets, and some rinky dink front office sports 'reporter' picked it up. dudes from virginia and talked to former players, and the only one willing to put his name on it was a guy in defense of the culture. not to mention, reporter also probed gopher twitter and asked for sources.

i'm not saying pj and the culture is infaliable. but i am saying that piece was absolutely a hit piece and trash and these come up every year the past 3 years right around B1G media days.
Agree, an 'on the rise' sports publisher had the red flags waving, no offense Formo ;)

Well that settles it then.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back