• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MILLS ?

Ridiculously stupid statement. First Failure to appear as long as he goes there to take care of it will probably be dropped. If he gets any time for driving under suspended license it will be no more than 30 days. These are not crimes that incur hard time. Any lawyer worth his salt will say he moved out of the area and had no way back to appear. The judge will probably give him a fine maybe 7 days in county jail and it will be done. @cthusker what has your experience been with this kind of case?
When something like this happens all the holier-than-thou folks show up out here to cast all their stones. It's pathetic.

Ridiculously stupid statement. First Failure to appear as long as he goes there to take care of it will probably be dropped. If he gets any time for driving under suspended license it will be no more than 30 days. These are not crimes that incur hard time. Any lawyer worth his salt will say he moved out of the area and had no way back to appear. The judge will probably give him a fine maybe 7 days in county jail and it will be done. @cthusker what has your experience been with this kind of case?
The question is: Will Frost stick by him?

FTA can be a misdemeanor or a felony based on several factors in Connecticut. The FIRST FTA is usually dismissed if the offender shows up in court when ordered. Driving under suspension seldom carries jail time for the 1st offense. However a longer suspension is given along with fines and probation. He's going to have a problem imo with the 2nd FTA but a decent lawyer should be able to get that nollied.

I doubt Mills is going to get jail time for those charges even in GA. Seems likely he was in KS and had no easy way or money to get back to the court in GA. Time went by and he figured nothing would happen but a bench warrant was issued. The court usually takes mitigating circumstances under consideration especially when it involves a young college kid. There's ZERO good that's going to come from the court hanging a felony on a young kid and potentially ruining his life. Especially when the crimes haven't injured anyone but himself There's were no injuries or even property damage so the court takes that into consideration.

I'd guess this will get adhjucated with the upshot of him losing his license for a longer time period and a fine. I also believe he'll be on the roster this fall in Lincoln. This is more about him making some stupid decisions and ignoring something he can't ignore which he just found out.

Last edited:

FTA can be a misdemeanor or a felony based on several factors in Connecticut. The FIRST FTA is usually dismissed if the offender shows up in court when ordered. Driving under suspension seldom carries jail time for the 1st offense. However a longer suspension is given along with fines and probation. He's going to have a problem imo with the 2nd FTA but a decent lawyer should be able to get that nollied.

I doubt Mills is going to get jail time for those charges even in GA. Seems likely he was in KS and had no easy way or money to get back to the court in GA. Time went by and he figured nothing would happen but a bench warrant was issued. The court usually takes mitigating circumstances under consideration especially when it involves a young college kid. There's ZERO good that's going to come from the court hanging a felony on a young kid and potentially ruining his life. Especially when the crimes haven't injured anyone but himself There's were no injuries or even property damage so the court takes that into consideration.

I'd guess this will get adhjucated with the upshot of him losing his license for a longer time period and a fine. I also believe he'll be on the roster this fall in Lincoln. This is more about him making some stupid decisions and ignoring something he can't ignore which he just found out.
Thank you that is about what I was thinking as well. I was in California and one of my best employees had a situation where he did not show up for work. Next day he came in and told me he was taken to jail after being pulled over for a minor violation.

Turns out he had gotten a ticket went in to pay it but they did not have a record of it YET. So he forgot about it thinking that the officer just did not file it. So 6 months later he gets pulled over and taken to jail for the night. Got in front of the judge explained what happened. Judge made him pay the original fine and sent him on his way. I figure same thing here.

Thank you that is about what I was thinking as well. I was in California and one of my best employees had a situation where he did not show up for work. Next day he came in and told me he was taken to jail after being pulled over for a minor violation.

Turns out he had gotten a ticket went in to pay it but they did not have a record of it YET. So he forgot about it thinking that the officer just did not file it. So 6 months later he gets pulled over and taken to jail for the night. Got in front of the judge explained what happened. Judge made him pay the original fine and sent him on his way. I figure same thing here.
Agree...... This is a stupid immature decisions that hopefully Mills is figuring out. Being a scoff law usually turns out to be a very bad decisions especiall when it involves the court. There's no over riding reason to pull the scholarship offer imo. I'm confident Frost is on top of this situation and Mills knows what he needs to do things straightened out. These simply aren't some big criminal complaints and there's every reason to hope it will get properly adjucated and allow Mills to get on with his life.

I'd lay odds that if his grades are in order he will still be a Husker. Jhe offenses are easily cleared up and nothing more than traffic issues. No court is putting this guy in jail.

Depends upon your state and the judge. I am not a lawyer or law enforcement person but I was a stupid kid who did stupid things like this. Driving under suspension by itself isn't probably a big deal but judging by his past history it can be assumed we was suspended for being under the influence of something. Probably had a deferred deal on that but failure to appear, plus driving under suspension cancels any break he got from the actual offense. So he could be looking at 3 felony convictions here. In state where I used to live, the felony driving under suspension alone carried a 2-3 year jail term. I hope this kid gets a break but it looks like he really messed up!

That #### will continue to destroy young lives.
No more than alcohol.
This is not the forum to dive into the debate over the affects of cannabis, but do me a favor, if you are going to poo poo on cannabis then go ahead and do the same with alcohol.
They can both mess up a life, but do not call out cannabis alone.
And these comments are from a beer drinker and not a cannabis smoker.
Some people can lead a productive life with cannabis in their life while others cannot.
Just like some people can lead a productive life with alcohol in their life while others cannot.
What works for some does not work for others, and that's about all you can get out of this debate.

You’re out west right? Is there any data to suggest that marijuana use is supplanting alcohol consumption?

Are people foregoing the six pack when they have a doobie? That would likely have a measurable outcome in decreased domestic violence.

Hopefully we will know the resolution to Mills situation shortly.

There are some very deep pockets from the traditional brewing industry investing in the development of a THC based beverage without alcohol.

Now back to Mills, he sounds to me like a major legal risk.
No matter how talented he may be, the problem is keeping him in class and on the field and not in jail.
We could easily burn a scholly on a kid who spends more time in jail than on campus.
Me thinks we need to pass.

I'm sure he thinks it's dumb that it's illegal based solely on the fact that he uses. Even more frustrating is the "performance enhancing drug" label sports use.

But if we want to protect people from substances that ruin their lives, we could make alcohol illegal ;)

And tobacco, which is harder to kick.

Let's hope this situation is like the one you describe, but the odds are not good they are this similar.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back