• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Miles Named National Coach of the Year"

Super cool! Although I think you should have said: "Miles Named National Coach of the Year" in the title -- simply to attract more attention to this worthy honor. :)

He did a great job this year...expectation was a last place finish in the B1G. Instead, he finished in top 4, beat a Final Four team at the end of the conference season.

We had a bad matchup and game against a #6 seed that proved to be pretty good. We certainly could have been solid against other #6's (Ohio State, U Mass).

Looking forward to next year already.

Congratulations, Coach! Keep the momentum going! It is nice have Nebraska in the national news during the Final Four!!

Unbelievable to accomplish this in his second year at a BCS school. We've been a basketball wasteland for years. Now, in a four year time frame, we have National Coach of the Year in both men's and women's basketball. Maybe the Cubs will win a world series in my lifetime! ;)

Unbelievable to accomplish this in his second year at a BCS school. We've been a basketball wasteland for years. Now, in a four year time frame, we have National Coach of the Year in both men's and women's basketball. Maybe the Cubs will win a world series in my lifetime! ;)

Lets not get too carried away. They are still the Cubs.

Lets not get too carried away. They are still the Cubs.

Good point.

however, there are cataclysmic events where one realizes anything is possible. When we joined the Big 12, I figured we had no chance competing against those southern schools in baseball; we might as well drop the sport. And Dave Van Horn came along. And if you would have told me we would go undefeated in the regular season in women's basketball in the Big 12, against Brittany Griner and Courtney Paris and the coaches in that league, and be a number 1 national seed, I would have thought "I'd like to have some of those drugs". And that in Miles' second year, after finishing dead last in 2 of the 3 years before he arrived, we would finish 11-7 in the league and make the Dance.....

I'm not an optimist by nature, but hope does spring eternal!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back