• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mighty SEC

Considering the SEC has won 14 NC since 2000 and even though a majority of those by Alabama there are four other SEC teams that have won titles in that period.

When was the last time a Big 10 team not named Michigan or Ohio State won one? Penn State and Nebraska weren’t in the Big 10 when they won theirs so you have to go all the way back to 1966 and Michigan State.

SEC SEC SEC

I'm glad you are proud of your new conference. You are going to do a lot of cheerleading for other teams to win the NC - OU isn't going to sniff one for a mighty long time. Your Gooners just got smoked by one of those lowly Pac 12 teams.

That said, I wish the Gooners all success. Switzer was truly one of my all time favorites.

I'm glad you are proud of your new conference. You are going to do a lot of cheerleading for other teams to win the NC - OU isn't going to sniff one for a mighty long time. Your Gooners just got smoked by one of those lowly Pac 12 teams.

That said, I wish the Gooners all success. Switzer was truly one of my all time favorites.
Odds are we win a NC before the Pukes do.

SEC SEC SEC

Last edited:

I'm just not one to get any joy from cheering for a conference. That is usually only done by fans whose team sucks and they are reaching for something to feel good about. The fans of SEC teams playing for it all are only chanting for their own team (Go Dawgs! or Roll Tide! recently).
Nebraska has sucked and is in a bowl drought, but you'll never catch me chanting, "B1G! B1G!" as if that somehow makes the Huskers recent suckiness any less. I guess some folks' identity is so tied to their football team they have to reach for something.

I'm just not one to get any joy from cheering for a conference. That is usually only done by fans whose team sucks and they are reaching for something to feel good about. The fans of SEC teams playing for it all are only chanting for their own team (Go Dawgs! or Roll Tide! recently).
Nebraska has sucked and is in a bowl drought, but you'll never catch me chanting, "B1G! B1G!" as if that somehow makes the Huskers recent suckiness any less. I guess some folks' identity is so tied to their football team they have to reach for something.
Well, when the big eight finished one two and three, I was a tad proud

Well the fourth best SEC team is handing the third best big ten team it’s lunch right now I don’t care who “opted out” or whatever, the big ten is looking bad the last two days.

That said, I HATE all the teams in the SEC. I still have a framed picture of a bewildered Spurrier in my office from the fiesta bowl in ‘96

Last edited:

Well, when the big eight finished one two and three, I was a tad proud
That helps because it shows the strength of folks NU had to beat to be #1.

I don't feel one iota of pride that Michigan made the 4 team playoff and we just happen to play in the same conference. I'll watch their game(s) and will probably even pull for them over Bama, but I won't try to somehow make it reflect positively on NU.

That helps because it shows the strength of folks NU had to beat to be #1.

I don't feel one iota of pride that Michigan made the 4 team playoff and we just happen to play in the same conference. I'll watch their game(s) and will probably even pull for them over Bama, but I won't try to somehow make it reflect positively on NU.
There was my feelings at the time. Only losses were to each other with us undefeated and a trouncing in our bowl game with the only other viable team, with them losing worse to us than the other two big 8 teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back