• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey: Take note

That seems like wishful thinking. Ron Brown coaching o-line? :rolleyes:
or rather Letting the dude with zero P5 coaching experience continue fielding a swiss cheese line? :rolleyes:

Every position group Ron Brown has ever touched in his career at NU has improved. I'm just saying there has to be someone associated with the staff that could get more out of all this group.

Last edited:
Exactly!! They haven't been developed. And you're discounting kids because you don't recognize their name? Did you even know who Malcom Hartzog was 4 weeks ago?

When we have dudes from the last couple years blossoming in the NFL it shows you how undercoached these poor kids have been. Austin was poor. Raiola is worse. Why not bring in new direction to give the kids a chance to succeed. I can watch tape and clearly see what many are doing wrong. It wouldn't take much to make it markedly better.

Nah, we'll just make more excuses and say that's all they can do?? Sorry, I'm not of that belief.

Please name me one OL who is "blossoming in the NFL"?

And if you don't know the difference between putting an athlete out at CB compared to putting a freshman walk-on O-Lineman in against grown ass, 300+ pound BIG 10 D-lineman, then I don't know what to tell you.

Please name me one OL who is "blossoming in the NFL"?

And if you don't know the difference between putting an athlete out at CB compared to putting a freshman walk-on O-Lineman in against grown ass, 300+ pound BIG 10 D-lineman, then I don't know what to tell you.
I've made my case Drozz. You can argue with yourself if you feel the O-line is doing well.

or rather Letting the dude with zero P5 coaching experience continue fielding a swiss cheese line? :rolleyes:

Every position group Ron Brown has ever touched in his career at NU has improved. I'm just saying there has to be someone associated with the staff that could get more out of all this group.

Brown is a good man, but I think it's pretty speculative to think he could do better than someone who has experience coaching oline for 6+ years. NU has had problems on oline for years with numerous different coaches. It's more than just the coaches.

Brenden Stai is working at the Athletic Dept. Have him help out for the next 7 weeks.
So replace an OLine coach "with zero P5 experience", although at least was an assistant with the Bears, with someone who has zero coaching experience whatsoever. Got it.

I've made my case Drozz. You can argue with yourself if you feel the O-line is doing well.

Who said they are doing well? Surely isnt me, nor anyone else that has watched any games this year. You seem to think you can roll any GA, RB coach, or Joe Schmo in there, make a couple position and lineup changes and magically right the ship.

All I'm trying to say, is you're trying to polish a turd. Still a turn no matter how much spit shine you want to throw on there.

We don't any more 'changes' during the season. As of now these kids need some stability. Once a new coach is hired he can figure out his staff. Making a position coach change now won't improve things.

Brown is a good man, but I think it's pretty speculative to think he could do better than someone who has experience coaching oline for 6+ years. NU has had problems on oline for years with numerous different coaches. It's more than just the coaches.
Only three things it can be. (besides the Solich Curse or a bad case of locker room athletes foot)
A- Poor players recruited to the system that were all highly overrated
B- Poor conditioning
C- Poor coaching

At this point in this season, we can only control one of those three to try to find better line play to help out our offense. Coaching. So it's not worth trying? Let's just go with status quo which is abysmal line play?

I am not defending the O Line or Dom Raiola, and my timeline may be inaccurate, but wasn't he hired in an attempt to get his nephew top-rated QB to sign with Nebraska?
If the rumors regarding Raiola's recruitment errors are true, it seems like another incident of Frost not being able to follow his own game plan.
I believe Frost has cost the O line by both his recruitment in body type and coaching experience.
Despite these issues, I feel that the O -line can perform better, maybe an alignment change to at least try to get in a defenders way?

I don't know that you do anything with the oline coach at this point. But I would like to know why Zach Duval wasn't shown the door with the other two? I watch alot of football...to much probably and our guys don't stack up physically with other teams. I don't mean you have to be body builder, but you should look the part...a lot of our guys don't. I heard the excuse that we're passing more and our OL were recruited as road graders, not pass blockers. Make me laugh...their definition of a road grader is much different than mine. A road grader doesn't succumb to a stalemate...he moves people. Give me five Wil Shields...that are quick, compact, strong and can move their feet instead of the trees that can't bend at waist nor move their feet.

Only three things it can be. (besides the Solich Curse or a bad case of locker room athletes foot)
A- Poor players recruited to the system that were all highly overrated
B- Poor conditioning
C- Poor coaching

At this point in this season, we can only control one of those three to try to find better line play to help out our offense. Coaching. So it's not worth trying? Let's just go with status quo which is abysmal line play?
It can be a combination of all of these things. I think its worth letting a coach, who's only had one spring and fall camp, keep trying to improve the kids that are here.

It can be a combination of all of these things. I think its worth letting a coach, who's only had one spring and fall camp, keep trying to improve the kids that are here.
Oh I agree completely that it's a combination of all three, but I just see really poor technique and preparedness out of o-line. I don't think he's moved the needle at all with them. I hated the hire from the get-go because of the circumstances surrounding it. Nobody else with so little experience would have been accepted here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back