• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey: Take note

Hard to fire a first year Oline coach, who isnt responsible for the absolute dumpster fire in recruiting we've had there. Could he develop more? Maybe. But what if there just isn't development to be made? Combine all of the previous misses with our awful S&C program, and you have what we have today.

+1

I'm all for getting other people involved and trying to fix the mess this season. I just don't foresee us getting rid of our O-Line coach, unless there is someone in the wings that is capable of stepping into that role. Mickey got rid of Chins but felt good about Busch's ability to fill that role. Is there anyone else on staff that could fully step into that role? Probably not. I'd also be leery of adding more change to a team that has gone through a lot of change this season.
I get it. But nobody needs to necessarily be fired at this point in order to bring in some additional help from outside. It is not impossible to do that, and could actually help with the most glaring issue on this team right now…

Whoever the next coach is, they need to throw money at candidates to get the best O-line/D-Line coaches available. S&C as well. Spare no expense.

So, who is this top talent O-line coach that is unemployed, could make any difference in the few weeks left, and would be willing to take this very temp job?

How deep into the season will we be replacing coaches and expecting positive results?

Ok....Ok.....Ok.........

I'll do it.

Just to finish out the year though.

As others have said, this won't be addressed until the end of the season.

We're too thin already with the coaching staff. And there's no coach sitting at home waiting for employment that you'd really want to take a chance with. Can't move an existing assistant over to coach OL without losing his expertise where he's currently coaching -- and you can't just go part-time with both.

Yep, the line is a mess. No, we can't and won't replace Raiola midseason.

Misplaced anger if you think Raiola needs to be fired this early into the year. Drozz is lecturing folks in here and there's not much more to be added. This was a gamble for Raiola to come here and I am guessing a portion of why he did so is because of the goodwill we had earned with his family. He has barely been on the job for a year and one in which the HC was fired 3 games into the season... ppl think our OL coach is the issue? Once Whipple takes a few weeks off, we'll be down to players coaching and coaches collecting. No thank you.

You can't just grab a few guys and build a line in one year. There was a time when we were known for reloading rather than rebuilding. One difference was that, back then, we were coaching up and developing our young talent as they waited for their time to play. It has been a while since we have done that.

We’ve been horrible on the line for years, people screamed for Barney Cotton to be fired years ago and we still haven’t gotten better.

Please name me one OL who is "blossoming in the NFL"?

And if you don't know the difference between putting an athlete out at CB compared to putting a freshman walk-on O-Lineman in against grown ass, 300+ pound BIG 10 D-lineman, then I don't know what to tell you.
Bring in Jeremiah Sirles! Great lineman, played for the Vikings and Buffalo and is still a Husker fan! Did he still do sideline reporting? I haven't listened to a game in years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back