• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey: Take note

Hard to fire a first year Oline coach, who isnt responsible for the absolute dumpster fire in recruiting we've had there. Could he develop more? Maybe. But what if there just isn't development to be made? Combine all of the previous misses with our awful S&C program, and you have what we have today.

Hard to fire a first year Oline coach, who isnt responsible for the absolute dumpster fire in recruiting we've had there. Could he develop more? Maybe. But what if there just isn't development to be made? Combine all of the previous misses with our awful S&C program, and you have what we have today.
Actually it'd be easy to fire him. Our o-line is undeniably worse this year than last, and that's really saying something. The $15 an hour man has done zilch. We have 4 star dudes that can't pick up a block to save their lives. There is no way aside from Hixson, that every single O-line player we've recruited is a bust. Zero chance. I guarantee that room could be shuffled and five of them coached up to play serviceable football.
The only letter of recommendation that we got with Raiola was that Frost was impressed with his coaching philosophy. Frost also said Zach Duval is the best in the business, so there's that. The only thing I agree with you on is our S&C is a fail.

Actually it'd be easy to fire him. Our o-line is undeniably worse this year than last, and that's really saying something. The $15 an hour man has done zilch. We have 4 star dudes that can't pick up a block to save their lives. There is no way aside from Hixson, that every single O-line player we've recruited is a bust. Zero chance. I guarantee that room could be shuffled and five of them coached up to play serviceable football.
The only letter of recommendation that we got with Raiola was that Frost was impressed with his coaching philosophy. Frost also said Zach Duval is the best in the business, so there's that. The only thing I agree with you on is our S&C is a fail.
We lost Cam Jurgens to the NFL and we lost our arguably best returning linemen to suspension.

Not sure what you are expecting from a first year offensive line coach.

I still maintain that the 4* dudes who can not block on the edge is because S&C has failed them particularly in developing/improving their lateral quickness.

We lost Cam Jurgens to the NFL and we lost our arguably best returning linemen to suspension.

Not sure what you are expecting from a first year offensive line coach.

I still maintain that the 4* dudes who can not block on the edge is because S&C has failed them particularly in developing/improving their lateral quickness.

Spot on. Just don't see why people cant understand that. Not only are we replacing our 2 best lineman, but were also starting multiple lineman who have been benched for poor play multiple times over their career. We're also forced to play Corcoran at LT instead of guard, which every one in the world knows he should be playing.

Move Corcoran and Benhart to guard and get some more mobile tackles. Out tackles are too tall and lumber around we need the shorter lineman. Compare Husker 90's linemen and tackles to our lines and tackles we have giants that are slow and with poor footwork. Move them inside to clog things up.

Spot on. Just don't see why people cant understand that. Not only are we replacing our 2 best lineman, but were also starting multiple lineman who have been benched for poor play multiple times over their career. We're also forced to play Corcoran at LT instead of guard, which every one in the world knows he should be playing.
Benched for poor play due to poor coaching and conditioning. Our line is a joke.

So I take it you're happy with the coaching of Raiola thus far? I find it amazing that people are making excuses for his line performance. I honestly have never seen worse line play on an NU team. Ever. He was a head scratching hire from the get-go. He only got the job because of his last name.

It's time to cut bait on all of the Frost blunders and move on. Look at what the Chinander to Busch switch has produced. It's never too late to insert some good coaching and get immediate results.

Last edited:

Shuffle what? Here's your pool for offensive lineman. Who are you going to put in there that isnt currently playing?

SAM HOSKINSON RFr.
JUSTIN EVANS-JENKINS Fr.
RILEY MOSES So.
BRYCE BENHART So.
ETHAN PIPER So.
IAN BOERKIRCHER Jr.
HENRY LUTOVSKY RFr.
DYLAN PARROTT Fr.
NOAH STAFURSKY So.
NOUREDIN NOUILI Jr.
TEDDY PROCHAZKA So.
EZRA MILLER So.
JOEY MANCINO RFr.
TURNER CORCORAN So.
KEEGAN MENNING RFr.
BROC BANDO Sr.
BRANT BANKS So.
TRENT HIXSON Sr.
BEAU SCHALLER RFr.
ELI SIMONSON RFr.
HUNTER ANTHONY Jr.
MICHAEL LYNN So.
KEVIN WILLIAMS JR. Sr.
ALEX CONN RFr.

There's at least 10 players on that list that I had to ask myself "Who?". Teddy is hurt. Williams is hurt. Nouili is suspended. You have guys on the team who were plan C and D guys like Conn and Lynn who will never sniff the field. You have guys like Benhart who have a 4* body but have a 1* vision and brain. Piper has been benched previously for poor play, but maybe he can still be developed. Lutovsky has been getting good review from practice, but he's young and there's obviously a reason he hasn't cracked the rotation even with the injuries and new HC.

So again, what would you do with that list? Where is all this supposed talent? Many of those guys have already got a chance to prove what they can do this year, and have shown exactly what they are. Like I said, I'm not sold on Raiola as a coach, but he doesnt have crap to work with. Stars also dont mean jack, when some kids just dont click. And I think our S&C has failed miserably, as we have seen across the board, with not just OLine, but also with DLine and other positions. Our players just seem to lose quickness when they get in the program.

Just because Busch has worked for two games, doesn't mean we have an in-house solution for O-line.
Who would we get to replace Raiola in-season?

Shuffle what? Here's your pool for offensive lineman. Who are you going to put in there that isnt currently playing?

SAM HOSKINSON RFr.
JUSTIN EVANS-JENKINS Fr.
RILEY MOSES So.
BRYCE BENHART So.
ETHAN PIPER So.
IAN BOERKIRCHER Jr.
HENRY LUTOVSKY RFr.
DYLAN PARROTT Fr.
NOAH STAFURSKY So.
NOUREDIN NOUILI Jr.
TEDDY PROCHAZKA So.
EZRA MILLER So.
JOEY MANCINO RFr.
TURNER CORCORAN So.
KEEGAN MENNING RFr.
BROC BANDO Sr.
BRANT BANKS So.
TRENT HIXSON Sr.
BEAU SCHALLER RFr.
ELI SIMONSON RFr.
HUNTER ANTHONY Jr.
MICHAEL LYNN So.
KEVIN WILLIAMS JR. Sr.
ALEX CONN RFr.

There's at least 10 players on that list that I had to ask myself "Who?". Teddy is hurt. Williams is hurt. Nouili is suspended. You have guys on the team who were plan C and D guys like Conn and Lynn who will never sniff the field. You have guys like Benhart who have a 4* body but have a 1* vision and brain. Piper has been benched previously for poor play, but maybe he can still be developed. Lutovsky has been getting good review from practice, but he's young and there's obviously a reason he hasn't cracked the rotation even with the injuries and new HC.

So again, what would you do with that list? Where is all this supposed talent? Many of those guys have already got a chance to prove what they can do this year, and have shown exactly what they are. Like I said, I'm not sold on Raiola as a coach, but he doesnt have crap to work with. Stars also dont mean jack, when some kids just dont click. And I think our S&C has failed miserably, as we have seen across the board, with not just OLine, but also with DLine and other positions. Our players just seem to lose quickness when they get in the program.
Exactly!! They haven't been developed. And you're discounting kids because you don't recognize their name? Did you even know who Malcom Hartzog was 4 weeks ago?

When we have dudes from the last couple years blossoming in the NFL it shows you how undercoached these poor kids have been. Austin was poor. Raiola is worse. Why not bring in new direction to give the kids a chance to succeed. I can watch tape and clearly see what many are doing wrong. It wouldn't take much to make it markedly better.

Nah, we'll just make more excuses and say that's all they can do?? Sorry, I'm not of that belief.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back