• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey Joseph

OK, first, if they only have 100 plays it would probably be the smallest playbook in D1 college football. Also, if you feel 25 plays is enough to get you through a football game, i'm quite sure that everyone would be complaining that "i know what they are going to call every time, just by the formation". AND, they would be right. Other teams would have NU so well scouted it wouldn't matter how great they run the play, it would not lead to offensive success.

During the Iowa game the commentators actually made mention how this staff does a great job of running plays to set up other plays. Hardly "hap-hazard" in approach and recognized by people who watch film and see games every week.
What are our bread and butter plays? We literally have nothing we use to pick up short yards on 3rd down. It is a wing and a prayer. No identity. Except abject failure. I would like that to change is all.

[QUOTE="HuskerSuperGenius, post: 5197732, member: 4068"
All the other names are likely to be taking their time, exploring whether there are going to be offers from all these other staffs being formed or going to be formed from the 15 new HC positions opening up.
[/QUOTE]I think this is accurate

I am thinking unless we have him inked and we are just waiting to announce (which wouldnt make sense during recruiting season) that this has taken longer than it should have if he were coming. This is a guy that has options and if he is waiting to see what they are it is not a good sign for us.

I highly doubt it. That would have been like making Bob Diaco head coach after firing Riley
I tend to agree though I do think it depends on if they get the interim title part way through the season and can turn things around without any meddling from Frost

I am thinking unless we have him inked and we are just waiting to announce (which wouldnt make sense during recruiting season) that this has taken longer than it should have if he were coming. This is a guy that has options and if he is waiting to see what they are it is not a good sign for us.
It's also possible it's an NFL guy or someone who wants to talk with their team first. That said, I'm also a little worried since the whole point of immediate departures was to avoid this (or so we were told).

It's also possible it's an NFL guy or someone who wants to talk with their team first. That said, I'm also a little worried since the whole point of immediate departures was to avoid this (or so we were told).
I am not worried that we dont have anyone yet, I am just saying that if Mickey were coming I think we would know by now.

Someone who goes to practices told me that SF spends all of his time with the offense and making up plays. Said they have like a 100 but never practice the same 20 or 25 and get good at them. Kind of explains our hap-hazard, try this/then that approach in games.

Regarding ST...they have Charlie McBride on every Monday on the Hail Varsity program. He spoke to this last night. Said each coach took charge of a piece of ST in practice and on field too. Think it was Darlington? sat in press box and would call down to them points needing to addressed also.

I am not worried that we dont have anyone yet, I am just saying that if Mickey were coming I think we would know by now.
It's also possible Mickey waiting to see how the Brian Kelly hiring plays out. Per the info of Kelly not consulting/informing his ND coaches of the move, it seems like he may not bring the whole staff. It's very possible that MJ keeps his LSU job, and I can't blame him for waiting to see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back