• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State

If we are playing the game of “this team is not very good, look who’ve they beaten,” then the OU loss isn’t the pivotal performance it‘s being made out to be.

Beating us is obviously nothing special and prior to Saturday, OU had beaten 2 FCS teams, one of which (Western Carolina) would struggle to win games in D3. They barely beat a Tulane team at home that just lost to Ole Miss by 7 TDs.

Lets keep things in perspective regarding MSU. Miami is ranked 102 in total D which doesn't get a whole lot worse. So yea MSU ran on them but so have other teams. We just held the #6 scoring offense to 23 points so I believe we can limit MSU vaunted offense. I honestly do not believe MSU has a more talanted offense then the Swooners. They beat 2 pretty lousy teams (NW and YTS) and then upset Miami which I suspect was over rated. Their D is ranked 82 which is nothing to write home about imo. Bottom line it's team we should beat which of course what I said about IL who flat out suck. lol
Miami is ranked so low defensively largely because of whi they have played. OU and MSU have two totally different offenses. I also think OU ends up with three losses this year.

If we are playing the game of “this team is not very good, look who’ve they beaten,” then the OU loss isn’t the pivotal performance it‘s being made out to be.

Beating us is obviously nothing special and prior to Saturday, OU had beaten 2 FCS teams, one of which (Western Carolina) would struggle to win games in D3. They barely beat a Tulane team at home that just lost to Ole Miss by 7 TDs.
Tulane not FCS

It doesn't matter which RB "takes" the job if the OL can't open up holes. The Nebraska OL definitely did not show on Saturday that they're better than they were against Illinois. MSU's defensive front four features a RS senior, two RS juniors and a graduate transfer from Tennessee.

Other than a RS freshman who starts at MIKE, MSU's defense is very experienced. I have no doubt their DC will put in some looks designed to confuse AM and Frost just like Bielema did. Unless the OL take an extremely unlikely step forward in practice this week, it doesn't matter who starts at RB. Nebraska's rushing attack will still be AM running for his life on broken plays.
Funny could of sworn when Rex or ameer was running back people said the line sucked and didn’t open up holes for them either yet they managed. Also remember people saying their qbs was always running for his life as well.

Miami is ranked so low defensively largely because of whi they have played. OU and MSU have two totally different offenses. I also think OU ends up with three losses this year.
They got smoked by Bama but only beat Appalachian State 25-23 which doesn't impress me very much. I'd take that bet that OU loses 3 games (regular season). OU might well make the playoffs imo. Miami isn't that good and will have more then 3 losses this season imo.

Last edited:
True. Although Nebraska hasn't won a single game against a decent opponent either. We actually haven't beaten a single ranked opponent since 2016 or a single opponent that finished with a winning record since 2018.

So it might be fair to say next Saturday's game in East Lansing will be to determine which team is the contender and which team is the pretender.
That's exactly how I see it btw. I'm simply saying MSU hasn't convinced me they are a quality team just because they beat Miami. This is a new season and I'm pretty sure MSU will be ranked this week. So we'll have a golden opportunity to beat a ranked team next week.

Just saw MSU is ranked so there ya go!! GBR

Last edited:

That's exactly how I see it btw. I'm simply saying MSU hasn't convinced me they are a quality team just because they beat Miami. This is a new season and I'm pretty sure MSU will be ranked this week. So we'll have a golden opportunity to beat a ranked team next week.

Just saw MSU is ranked so there ya go!! GBR

Vegas is certainly not convinced

3-0 will get you into the polls after they lose to us we will be in and they will be out ha ha

Anyone know last time NU defeated a ranked opponent on the road? Play like they have last couple weeks and it can happen again this weekend. Play like they have the last couple weeks without any JV style special team blunders and will most certainly happen.

Anyone know last time NU defeated a ranked opponent on the road? Play like they have last couple weeks and it can happen again this weekend. Play like they have the last couple weeks without any JV style special team blunders and will most certainly happen.
I would be curious to see the answer to your question. Riley’s best win was MSU at home I think. Bo beat Washington on the road but I can’t remember if they were rated.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back