• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Michael Rose Recruiting Devin Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Jordan Westerkamp will get on the phone to Fuller as well. This from the article linked on the main page:

“I just want to thank all Nebraska fans for their support of me through this process,â€￾ Westerkamp said. â€￾ I am going to bring my leadership and my skill set to Lincoln and do whatever I can to help us win. â€￾

:koolaid:

Love these guys' spirit!

That's a bit strong, don't you think?

Consider that Rich Rod has Pat White and Dennard Robinson in his portfolio. Then consider the flashy QBs Nebraska has produced.

If Fuller can get over the distance, I think Arizona has a very real shot. With that said, I think that will mean something in the final discussion. Consider that we'll at least play games in the eastern time zone. Arizona? Really separating himself from his family.

Consider that rich rod cheated at Michigan and that one of the things he did when he left his previous job to go to Michigan was shred all of the football records...things like strength and conditioning reports, work out information that kind of thing...on the football players that were still playing for WVU before he left. That's part of the reason WVU sued him and Michigan. RR had it right...snake oil salesman.

As far as flashy QB's Nebraska has had, you mean Like Eric Crouch, Turner Gill, Tommie Frasier...one Heisman winner and 2 other Heisman finalists? not to mention Scott Frost and going back farther Vince Farragamo who started in the Superbowl? :) NU has some QB legacy too.

Last edited:
Consider that rich rod cheated at Michigan and that one of the things he did when he left his previous job to go to Michigan was shred all of the football records...things like strength and conditioning reports, work out information that kind of thing...on the football players that were still playing for WVU before he left. That's part of the reason WVU sued him and Michigan. RR had it right...snake oil salesman.

I'm not debating the fact that he's a bottom-feeder. But not wanting him at Nebraska just because he wants to play at a different school? Come on.

That is not what I said....

Here is what I said:

Honestly if he buys into the Rich Rod stuff then so be it I wouldn't want him at Nebraska....

I stand by that...you yourself admitted he was a bottom feeder......

I'm not debating the fact that he's a bottom-feeder. But not wanting him at Nebraska just because he wants to play at a different school? Come on.

As far as flashy QB's Nebraska has had, you mean Like Eric Crouch, Turner Gill, Tommie Frasier...one Heisman winner and 2 other Heisman finalists? not to mention Scott Frost and going back farther Vince Farragamo who started in the Superbowl? :) NU has some QB legacy too.

Nebraska does. Bo Pelini does not.

Here is what I said:

Honestly if he buys into the Rich Rod stuff then so be it I wouldn't want him at Nebraska....

I think what RR meant was: If Fuller can't see that Rich Rod has some serious character deficiencies when compared to someone that seems like a very straight shooter in Bo and Tim Beck than maybe he's not the type of person Nebraska would want from a character stand point. At least that's my take on it.

Here is what I said:

The kid is eighteen. You and I have seen it: Kids get raked over all the time. That's why a father like Aaron Curry's or certain head coaches can make a world of a different. Because they see what some of these kids don't.

If Rich Rod sells Devin on Arizona, then so be it. I won't hold it against him.

I get what you are saying but actually the last two years people have been mentioning Martinez in the same breath as Dennard so there has been some press there.

Bingo...that is exactly what I meant...:)

I think what RR meant was: If Fuller can't see that Rich Rod has some serious character deficiencies when compared to someone that seems like a very straight shooter in Bo and Tim Beck than maybe he's not the type of person Nebraska would want from a character stand point. At least that's my take on it.

Its his choice....hopefully his dad gives him good guidance...

I remember my dad in the day saying about Lou Holtz....'I would never let you or your brother play for a coach like that'.....also a snakeoil salesman...

The kid is eighteen. You and I have seen it: Kids get raked over all the time. That's why a father like Aaron Curry's or certain head coaches can make a world of a different. Because they see what some of these kids don't.

If Rich Rod sells Devin on Arizona, then so be it. I won't hold it against him.

According to our #1 recruiter, it is 50/50 at this point between Arizona and NU.
Being honest, R.Rod may have convinced Fuller. However, I will take Fuller any day.
We will all know around 4-ish tomorrow.

Rich Rod can sell snake oil with the best of them....and look at the mess he left at WVU and Michigan....hopefully the Fuller family understands that....if he were going to a Stanford, Georgia, Wisconsin etc. I would have no issue with that knowing the coaches their and the reputation of both coach and school....this a guy who will do anything to win....

Lets hope rationality comes forth in the end....:)

FWIW my source who has been pretty accurate over the years thinks he is Nebraska bound....guess we will see....

According to our #1 recruiter, it is 50/50 at this point between Arizona and NU.
Being honest, R.Rod may have convinced Fuller. However, I will take Fuller any day.
We will all know around 4-ish tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rich Rod can sell snake oil with the best of them....and look at the mess he left at WVU and Michigan....hopefully the Fuller family understands that....if he were going to a Stanford, Georgia, Wisconsin etc. I would have no issue with that knowing the coaches their and the reputation of both coach and school....this a guy who will do anything to win....

Lets hope rationality comes forth in the end....:)

FWIW my source who has been pretty accurate over the years thinks he is Nebraska bound....guess we will see....

Honestly I think Fuller is N. Fuller is a smart Kid and realizes his best chance at being a student/athlete is at NU.
The 50/50 came from Rose directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back